Will you buy an ipad 2?

I find a MacBook Air easier to work with than an iPad.
Well, if it was the other way around I would ask for a reality check :)

Once they come out with a pad that can do more than just basic internet stuff I will get one. It needs to run a decent OS, must be able to run large applications, at least 2 virtual machines with additional operating systems, must allow me to use ssh and VPNs and must have a decent keyboard (no, I have absolutely no idea how to implement this in a pad - that's your job @Apple, deal with it). I doubt it's ever going to happen though.

Oh wait.. isn't that exactly what a MacBook Air can do?

Yeah, one thing I dislike about Apple is the lack of good upgrade options. For that reason, I stayed on the sidelines for the first version of iPad and decided to wait until the new release to buy.

I am going through a similar problem with iPhone....I was able to get a discount on my upgrade to 4 (X-mas gift to myself), but my wife is stuck with a 3 until this summer. By then it seems likely iPhone 5 may be out, meaning she gets the shiny new phone for discount prices....and I will have to wait (or more likely splurge and buy one without discount).

Yeah, one thing I dislike about Apple is the lack of good upgrade options. For that reason, I stayed on the sidelines for the first version of iPad and decided to wait until the new release to buy.

I am going through a similar problem with iPhone....I was able to get a discount on my upgrade to 4 (X-mas gift to myself), but my wife is stuck with a 3 until this summer. By then it seems likely iPhone 5 may be out, meaning she gets the shiny new phone for discount prices....and I will have to wait (or more likely splurge and buy one without discount).
Yeah I can't upgrade to iPhone 4 til March 2012. By then the 5 will be out, so it'll be time to upgrade to 4. I never like to get anything when it first comes out, too many bugs.

Not even if I was a rich man :)
If I was a rich man I would donate a Xenforo license to you. Much better and way more fun.

Walter, all this time I have been liking your posts because I was under the impression that you were very rich and powerful like MJP !!

I have had a netbook and didn't enjoy using it. The display was terrible, the keyboard was cramped, it was more of a chore to use so I never used it. I've never owned an ipad, but as an iphone owner I can say that I prefer using the iphone more than the netbook, and can see the ipad being a great addition to my backpack.

My mian reason for getting an iPad over an iPhone would be to use it as a reading device, ala Kindle. I have an iPhone now, and just find its screen to be too small to facilitate exactly that. I also have an issue with my fingers being too big for the iPhone keyboard, causing many misses and misspellings. A tablet would definitely solve that problem.

OTOH, I wouldn't mind being able to work normally on the tablet as well. As in run some coding platform, SQL Server, and perhaps Word.

I was going to buy one for my pops and if he likes it, I might get one myself. I am personally saving up for a 15inch macbook pro.

No way. A tablet needs to be upgradable to have any longevity and iOS will just stop being updated for it at some point. That's not such a bug-bear with an iPhone because mobiles become dated very quickly. With a tablet though you could in theory surf the net on it for years. Android tablets should be battering the iPad and they're not which is a shame :(

I was considering getting my grandmother one.

She would probably like something incredibly simple to use for reading the news, and looking at pictures that family members would like to send to her. Video chat via facetime would also be a plus, as many of her grandchildren and family members have iphones.

Top Bottom