1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you buy an ipad 2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by physicspirate, Mar 2, 2011.

1. physicspirate

physicspirate Well-Known Member

2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

dieketzer likes this.
  3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

dieketzer likes this.
  4. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

How about you buy me one Walter ???
  5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

As cool as it may be, for me it has no use.
  6. physicspirate

physicspirate Well-Known Member

I didn't buy the original ipad, but it would be nice to have a larger device to use when traveling around. The iphone is ok to surf the internet with in a pinch, but sucks for long sessions.
  7. Dark Sage

Dark Sage Active Member

8. Johnny Large

Johnny Large New Member

I'll buy one, it has faster graphics hardware so games will perform better, and have better graphics. And two cameras for recording and videoconferencing will be useful for me, since I no longer like Skype that much.
  9. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Yesss !!! :) but no money :(
    Steve F likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

I did not buy the first generation, and I wanted it.
    I will buy the second generation. But this iPad2 doesn't "feel" like a second generation.
    However, my parents want a quick browse device that's not heavy on the wrists, and they like the iphone4, but the screen is too small.

I might just get this one for myself, let them use it as well. And let them keep it when I upgrade to the iPad3.

If you have an iPad1, I wouldn't even consider upgrading to iPad2, unless it's a $99 upgrade ..
  11. Johnny Large

Johnny Large New Member

It's also lighter and thinner than the first generation, that alone makes me want ro replace it at the moment.
  12. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it have a USB port and support Flash now?

Is it a native 16:9 screen now, HD preferably.

Is it possible to plug in memory cards?
    Jethro likes this.
  13. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I won't be purchasing it. Once the Motorola Xoom has been released here in the uk I'll be purchasing that.
    steven s likes this.
  14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

If I feel the need for a tablet, I think I'll go with Shelley and get the Motorola Xoom :)
    steven s likes this.
  15. Johnny Large

Johnny Large New Member

No USB port. They haven't mentioned Flash support since I've been watching.

Their website now has full details: http://www.apple.com/ipad/
  16. rEd86

rEd86 Active Member

Wow - a designer that is going with a non-apple product?!? TWO BIG THUMBS UP!

17. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The last Motorola product I owned was the MR-1.

Never again *shudders*
    dieketzer and Floris like this.
  18. kilcher

kilcher Active Member

Not me. I have an iPhone and I don't think Apple has done a good job explaining to me why I need one. They seem content to let people go on thinking it's a big iPhone. What does it do that I can't already do? You know?

And even if I did, price would be an issue, I'd rather have a regular computer or notebook for the same price.
    Peggy likes this.
  19. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

20. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Why anyone would get a tablet, let alone an Apple one, is beyond me. They are just oversized smartphones; you'd be better off spending your money on a nice Android phone and/or a netbook.
    Vodkaholic likes this.