Can you buy the LD link Directory and make it 1st party addon

DieselMinded

equally as important as the media gallery many of us use @au lait add-on , he has stated that he's not planning on porting to xf2 this is not good, and may force me to IPS because its such a big part of my site , would love you xf to make it first party and add a top list to it

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
There's no plans to purchase any 3rd party products and bring them into the core, especially if the developer themselves don't want to port them over, for some reason.
Seems like a fairly harsh answer to the question of updating it for XF2. Also a fairly confusing answer, considering there's so many new tools in XF2 which would make the porting of it over to XF2 a much easier job than it would have been to write it for XF1 in the first place (tools which make nested category sets easier to produce, easier content permission support, a new generic payment/purchasable framework, lots of shared code to make prefixes and custom fields easier, widget system, and no doubt much more).

so sad, i am so sad,

i can't upgrade without au liat's link directroy, sirpou's ads manager, credit's add-on & xenforo's media gallery

it doesn't really matter at the moment because i'm wasn't planning on upgrading to 2.0 anytime soon,
i'll stay with 1.5 for a couple more years, but now with au liat saying he wont port over,
it's another reason not to even think about upgrading to 2.0

thats why im learning php so i can make my own add-ons, time to take things in my own hands

i got 3 years to learn php, wish me luck

Last edited:
If you guys want this link directory add-on so much, why not fund a developer to make one? It happens all the time. I believe some forum owners pay for it to be made and then sell licenses to help recoup their costs.

Tracy Perry

If nothing else, why not offer to purchase the existing code from the developer mentioned by @DieselMinded in the OP and then turn it over to another developer to convert to XF2 and then they could sell that if it's that big of a money maker (which I honestly doubt it is and could possibly be the reason that the developer is not porting it over).