1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't i buy this?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Jay Harper, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Jay Harper

Jay Harper New Member

I have been trying to purchase this but when I check out with paypal, it tells me the paypal account cannot be used and then when I try two different credit cards, paypal tells me that the card cannot be used.

Am I missing something here?
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Hi Jay,

Please use the contact form (at the bottom of any page) and I will assign it to Ashley to generate you a manual invoice.

3. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

I you have a Paypal account and login and that should also solve the problem
  4. Strong

Strong Member

I had this same problem. Paypal don't like some debits cards. Mostly prepaid ones but have been known to block some business cards like the one I was using. Getting this software was initially a pain because of the paypal hurdle I have to admit. But then there's always the, "if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way" bit too. I wonder however how much business was lost because of that though. I know I had almost given up.

I had to give someone cash, wait for it to clear and use their paypal account...
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  5. MichaelDance

MichaelDance Well-Known Member

Rightio, first off, PayPal have tried to make payments from that card and have refused it, check if your not hitting their stupid firewall.

You're card bank has refused PayPal or because there's no money on the card or it's not verified on paypal where they hold $1 or £1 to verify.

Hope I help, I've had loads of issues with PayPal even with a fully verified account.
  6. hunz

hunz New Member

Most probably your card have problem. I just purchased using paypal :)
  7. Strong

Strong Member

It is more likely that paypal has a problem with your card. They still don't like my business check card.

While most people will probably not have this problem, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Just try and make a $250 purchase via paypal on an unverified account with a prepaid visa card to see what I mean.
  8. Roberto Bilić

Roberto Bilić Active Member

I had to wait eight hours after I make a payment on the card that they can pay via PayPal
  9. MichaelDance

MichaelDance Well-Known Member

You've hit the Firewall at PayPal, I had it, you need to ring them up. If you have skype or if you're from USA ring: +18882155506

I had this billions of times once, PayPal UK was crap (is a nice word tbh) USA PayPal solved it in 4 phone calls.

Was what the UK said but phoning USA PayPal via Skype got it solved.
  10. algheilani

algheilani Member

Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).
  11. zagman76

zagman76 Member

This is the same error I am facing. I was trying to pay with my PP balance. I haven't been able to purchase for at least the last 12 hours today. (n)
  12. algheilani

algheilani Member

I found a way to buy it.
    I used my mobile to go through the process and I finally bought Xenforo
  13. zagman76

zagman76 Member

Did you sign in to your paypal account during the process?

I was also able to complete the purchase this way as well. I don't know if mobile.paypal.com vs www.paypal.com has anything to do with it, but that seemed to make a world of difference.
  14. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Seems like a frequent error at xenforo. I think Ashley should try and use at least Google Checkout. Doesn't make any sense losing business over this.
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  15. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm starting to agree.