Where's Jeremy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouth

Wondering where @Jeremy is? Been gone from XF for over a month, and hasn't participated in his own forum for almost 4 months.
Such a promising add-on he was developing, just abandoned. And still for sale in Resource Manager.
Having gone AWOL, with no public communication, as an XF moderator and developer, is quite concerning. Is there an issue?

The add-on actually meets the criteria for being marked as Unmaintained but we do the housekeeping tasks roughly the same time each month, so it just hasn't happened, yet. To be clear, all add-ons will be treated equally, regardless of the author, with the exception of a handful of semi-officially released resources (things like redirection scripts, post content find and replace, etc).

As for Jeremy's status as staff, he still is staff. I was chatting to him yesterday and as far as I can gather he's just been busy with his day job. From the perspective of his role as staff, the forum is still being moderated and tickets are still being answered so from that perspective it isn't too concerning.

True but if people are curious let them be curious, official responses are great and all and moderation is necessary when it is so and of course excess amounts of anything can wane the value of substance (such as the case of me making overly long sentences) but people are curious and curiosity drives many things (some which kill cats) and is driven by an equal amount of things all of which lead back to the root, in this case the newest major version of XF to be complete in an inexact window of undisclosed time which we will see here when it happens.

Or did I miss something?

Feels like we have been playing "Where's Wally/Waldo" lately with the curiosity driven crowd.
When you've purchased an add-on a year ago and it's annual renewal comes up, it hasn't been developed for ~9 mths, the author hasn't been on the their own forum for almost 4 mths - effectively vanished without reason or statement - that author is also a XF moderator and hasn't been on XF.com for over a month ... I think that's a little more than curiosity.

I gave-up on the add-on many months ago, so that's not the driver for the question. I was more concerned that some large personal or XF issue had arisen, and we've lost a great helper.

Last edited:
When you've purchased an add-on a year ago and it's annual renewal comes up, it hasn't been developed for ~9 mths, the author hasn't been on the their own forum for almost 4 mths - effectively vanished without reason or statement - that author is also a XF moderator and hasn't been on XF.com for over a month ... I think that's a little more than curiosity.

Yeap! Got mine yesterday "You will be unable to download updates or receive support for the product until the license is renewed." Would love a status update on what's planned for the future as many great suggestions for features have been given. From the way things been lately, I just can't afford to continue to support broken or abandoned add-ons anymore.

What, aren't @Jake Bunce and the others good enough? ;)

It's more a concern about a paid add-on he made coming up for yearly renew, not him doing his job here. As pointed out, it hasn't been updated in almost 9 months and he hasn't been on his own site for it for over 90 days now.

You mean like this? :whistle:
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 1.17.12 AM.webp

It's not broken on my site, so I don't really worry about "more goodies" in it. It fulfills the need I had/have for it.

I gave-up on the add-on many months ago, so that's not the driver for the question. I was more concerned that some large personal or XF issue had arisen, and we've lost a great helper.
And I'm sure if it was something that would effect his participation in the long term, an announcement would have been made by staff detailing his inability to fulfill his duties.

It fulfills the need I had/have for it.
Great, nice for you. That's very comforting for those for which it hasn't.
an announcement would have been made by staff
He doesn't respond/participate on his own forum, hasn't participated here, thus it's reasonable to ask about him. And the question has already been answered.
Thanks, you're contribution to this thread has been helpful.

Great, nice for you. That's very comforting for those for which it hasn't.
Buy an add-on for what it does then... not what you hope it may do later.
Kind of like the old saying about wishing in one hand and performing a solid excretory function in the other. Guess which hand is is going to get filled first. :rolleyes:

He doesn't respond/participate on his own forum, hasn't participated here, thus it's reasonable to ask about him. And the question has already been answered.
yes it has been answered.. he lives, and he's got a life other than his add-on and here.
Thanks, you're contribution to this thread has been helpful.
You're most welcome. Glad i could help you walk the path of knowledge. :coffee:

Last edited:
I think the original question has been sufficiently answered. If you both wish to discuss it further then feel free to start a conversation together.

So, to explain why I haven't been very active lately was 100% due to my day job. Back in February I took a promotion to help live a little more comfortably and was placed in the worst store in the area to try to help turn it around and improve how the store ran. For the majority of 7 months, I rarely got a day off and even if I did, I still usually got phone calls and had to help my store anyways. The store is also not in the best area and had some of the worst clientele I've ever had the pleasure of working with and in turn, I wasn't in a great mental state due to the stress. This also all came about right about when I lost my grandmother and combining that with a high stress job, it was recipe for disaster.

I finally got the transfer I requested about 3 months ago to a much less stressful store which has helped drastically with my motivation and have actually had free time to myself again. In that time, I've caught up on all the backlog of things I needed to do in my personal life and have time again for an online presence. So first goal is finishing the update for my add-on and getting back to support (which I love to do and used to be my stress reliever until I couldn't even get a moment to myself. :().

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom