XF 2.2 Where's the colour change setting for Avatar bar?

Alvin63

Hi. Can't seem to find this in Style Properties. I've changed the forum background colour for threads but the section on the left (where avatars and banners go) is still white. Where is the setting to change the colour of this please?

In the ACP style properties "Messages" section -- "Message user info block" set the background color.

You can also find this by searching for "user info" in the ACP.

Thank you! Also where can I change the colour of this block when opening a thread? It's supposed to be the same colour as the other node block headers - so I must have missed something.

Just started up another forum and can't remember what I did last time re colour changes!

Edit. Found it - Appearance - style properties - basic colours - major heading background colour

Last edited:
Mostly sorted now. Desktop version all the right colours. But on mobile view, the menu block is still the wrong colour. Eg when you tap on menu and the list opens, the background colour needs changing. Any idea where I do that?

Eg when you tap on menu and the list opens, the background colour needs changing. Any idea where I do that?
You mean when you tap on the hamburger bar and it shows this?

Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 8.16.36 AM.png

Don't know where to address it via the ACP.. but have you actually checked your developer tools when in the aspect to see it?

Think it may have to deal with .offCanvasMenu--nav .offCanvasMenu-content CSS/LESS specificity.

Code:
.offCanvasMenu--nav .offCanvasMenu-content {
color: purple;
background: pink;
Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 8.21.03 AM.png

I encourage you to use the developer console on your browser.. you can find a lot of information via it... and for me, I'd much prefer to address stuff like this in my EXTRA.LESS with notes for it in that template than have to try to remember exactly where I changed it in the ACP Style Properties. There will be additional changes you will have to do.. like the Forums segment that is white/blue.

Last edited:
Thank you - that's the one. I'm using one of Russ's addons and changing the style properties - but the basic colours section can be changed as before. I'll check out the canvas sections.

Thank you - that's the one. I'm using one of Russ's addons and changing the style properties - but the basic colours section can be changed as before. I'll check out the canvas sections.
Generally you can (since it's not a stock style) contact @Russ over at PixelExit and get great support... if nothing else you can do it here in the his style thread discussion area (which is really where for here it should be as it's specific to a custom paid style).

Normally, when I look for the areas I want a different color or text changes (like shadows and so forth) I will do an inspect (Chrome rt click and select "inspect") and find the CSS I am looking for and then do a search through the templates and change it there or add it to the extra.less template.

Top Bottom