Where is 1.1?

Sincerly, i prefer to wait. See the notices topic, many extra mini-features added by customer request. We have a stable 1.0, what's the problem if we wait 2/3 extra weeks? No need "to hurry" for me.

Good grief, some of the posts in this thread are patently ridiculous. I gave the release date as 'this Summer' in order to be purposely vague, while giving a rough idea of when to expect it. If I had meant 'before the official end of Summer as defined by ISO 77901-B', I would have given an actual date.

XenForo 1.1 is in a late stage of development and will be available soon. Not today, not tomorrow, not this week... soon. And that is as specific as I am prepared to be right now, there are too many factors at play for me to be any more precise.

When can we expect 1.2? :) JK, looking forward to the new updates when they come.

Good grief, some of the posts in this thread are patently ridiculous. I gave the release date as 'this Summer' in order to be purposely vague, while giving a rough idea of when to expect it. If I had meant 'before the official end of Summer as defined by ISO 77901-B', I would have given an actual date.

XenForo 1.1 is in a late stage of development and will be available soon. Not today, not tomorrow, not this week... soon. And that is as specific as I am prepared to be right now, there are too many factors at play for me to be any more precise.

SOON: From Urban Dictionary

As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
The patch will be released "soon".

Or:

A word that Jared Leto uses when he doesnt have a f*cken clue when somethings going to come out, or when he wants to piss off the fans.
The ABL Clip will be out "soon".

:D

Factors?

I did have to facepalm at reporting the thread.

But think of it like this. Every time you post in a thread about the 1.1 release date God kills a kitten Kier pushes back the release date by a day :D

But think of it like this. Every time you post in a thread about the 1.1 release date God kills a kitten Kier pushes back the release date by a day :D

I'M A MONSTER!!

edit: This is post #666 for me. I really AM a monster!!

Summer is over
We're still in BST here in the UK, and will be until the last Sunday of October. I'd consider Summer to be active until the last Sunday of October, even if the current temperature here is 12c.

I don't think it's fair to whine about the "Summer 2011" deadline.
If people think it's fine to complain about this .... then keep this thread going.
I apologize for denouncing the complainers.

Good grief (as Kier would say) there seems to be a catastrophic loss of sense of humour in this thread!!

If I didn't want to get excited about a new release and post drivel in the run-up to it, I'd ditch XenForo and go back to the graveyard community at vB.

This thread is an example of what makes this community different - that element of excitement about the product. It's refreshing and yes, at times it is silly, but in the best possible taste. Don't try and censor it!

Personally, I think much better to do not announce release in that fuzzy way. When it's done, the best statement in such case :D

Top Bottom