Where is 1.1?

When they publish screenshots, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
When they roll out 1.1 on xenforo.com, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
If they share it with select private beta testers, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
If they share it with all users, but mention it's beta, and live site should not run it. People will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip.
When they release the stable version, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for 1.1.1 to fix bugs.

^--- based on ten years of anticipation.

But it said that 1.1 will released at end of summer. In my country (Asia), summer end in June, and now August!!! Then what is summer in Europe?

Unofficially, the U.S. summer season is commonly regarded as beginning on Memorial Day weekend in May and ending on Labor Day weekend in early September. By the calender, fall begins with the Fall Equinox, which in 2011 will occur on September 23rd.

I assumed the target release date was the end of August or early September, but it takes a little longer to insure stability, I'm OK with that.

When they publish screenshots, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
When they roll out 1.1 on xenforo.com, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
If they share it with select private beta testers, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip
If they share it with all users, but mention it's beta, and live site should not run it. People will be happy. A day later they will ask for the .zip.
When they release the stable version, people will be happy. A day later they will ask for 1.1.1 to fix bugs.

^--- based on ten years of anticipation.

IMHO that is exactly how it should be. That's the spirit of the community. If they stop asking a .zip very next day, end of life cycle of whatever comes in .zip will not be far away. :)

Unfortunately Kier, Ashley and Mike were all jailed after they went rioting at vbulletin HQ england. No release this week month unfortunately :(

Good grief, some of the posts in this thread are patently ridiculous. I gave the release date as 'this Summer' in order to be purposely vague, while giving a rough idea of when to expect it. If I had meant 'before the official end of Summer as defined by ISO 77901-B', I would have given an actual date.

XenForo 1.1 is in a late stage of development and will be available soon. Not today, not tomorrow, not this week... soon. And that is as specific as I am prepared to be right now, there are too many factors at play for me to be any more precise.

I think you should take some comfort in silliness like this Kier, as it shows that people care a lot about your product. If your customers ever stop being silly about new major releases, then you should worry. ;)

Top Bottom