Summer isn't over in Britain (nor in the US).Summer is over, after waiting for pretty much over a better half of year I wonder when 1.1 will be available.
We still run vb 3.8 and after being patience for years, I begin to regret I just didn't move to different non-forum web site.
They state that all releases are based on UK time as they live in the UK.Sure there are many summer times, but for example according to the irish calendar summer ends on 1.aug and by many st in Uk is considered between mid-may to mid-aug. Anyway, I don't want to get into debate which summer time they thought, because they could easily stated which summer time, or better which month with the statement about new release. I just want update about 1.1. After so long time it is getting really frustrating that your web community depends on poor performance of developers (not aiming at xenforo). In the last 5 years there seems to be only one with solid stable development and it is getting my attention more and more. However, after waiting so long time I want to get update to see whether to wait (if it is worthy) or not.
Comparing vB to XenForo is like comparing apples and oranges; they're is nothing in relation between them.Forsaken, I assume you run xenforo and it is easy for you to wait update. We however, still run vb3.8 as current xenforo version doesn't cover our needs. Now, after years our members are naturally running out of patience, and we got stuck with empty promises about development of community. As this is our business, we fully depend on developers of forum communities. As such, I just can't stand bs anymore. It has not to do so much with xenforo development recently, but reading Kier's blog on vB and being excited about screenshots of then-to-be-new vB and then waiting (years) and until now still nothing, one can understand this unpatience.
Just to compare some dates:
vBulletin 3.6 - 2006
Twitter - 2006
Couple of weeks is not a problem at all. I am just getting sick of vB 3.8 and want to make a switch to either xenforo 1.1 or competitor 3.2.Yesterday I was awarded my 1 year anniversary trophy here. In that time XF went from a few screen shots, to beta to gold release. If this isn't fast turnaround time to you then the problem has nothing to do with the speed of the developers and everything to do with your own unreasonable expectations.
Stay with vB for a few more weeks and then see if you want to switch. Seriously, will a couple weeks make such a big difference if you've already "waited years"?