What do you use to edit PHP files?

Both Mike and I use Eclipse PDT (well I actually use Zend Studio, but it's more or less the same thing).

An IDE is almost a necessity for working with XenForo - it's been built with an IDE in mind.

I mostly use Dreamweaver CS5 (Its my main text editor too!) because I've gotten so use to it, and I'm highly inclined to stick with my habits. I use different ones on Mac or Linux (I don't use those computers as much though).

This just shows me that none of you are real programmers. :p

real_programmers.png

I use AceHTML, a semi-defunct HTML editor with other capabilities such as PHP editing, etc. Why do I use it? Because I've used it since 2001 and I'm used to it, lol. It has nice syntax highlighting, error checking, all those nice things. It has point & click features but I don't use them. I'm a handcoder, I just like the way AceHTML is organized and keeps things efficient for me.

I could learn one of the other apps mentioned in this thread, if I knew for sure that I could still edit PHP, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, ASP, yada yada yada all in the same app. I'm sure there's something out there, but I guess syntax highlighting has made me too lazy to look. :p

Top Bottom