Which PHP IDE? / What do you use to code?

It's just the same like with magicento
  • Let's do some simple maths:
    Any Magento developer is earning in average (actually I think "at least") $10/h
    Magicento is saving at least* 30min every week, so by using Magicento you are saving $20/month at least
    *In my case for example Magicento is saving me more than 3h/week (and in my case I'm also investing much more than that developing Magicento :S)
    You probably know there are commercial plugins out there which cost twice more and are doing much less than Magicento.
And for xenforo it's even much more.......

you want a new page?
switch to ide
create new controller
create new route class
switch to browser
acp => development => routes => create new route

test it

why not just click in your ide on "new => public page" which opens a popup, where you just need to set the route prefix and controller name and the IDE does all the work for you?
more.webp
and there's even MUCH more...
just think about following addon: https://github.com/xfrocks/DevHelper

It's a huge timesafer, but what, if you wouldn't have to create the data file yourself? What if the IDE would be able to do this? It opens a form, where you set the database fields and it creates everything (Datawriter, Model, probably even the acp and frontpage controllers and routes for you?
just think about xen template language support in the files....
and
and
and
and ;)

my todolist/wishlist is endless;)

e.g. there's also a must have addon for symfony developers for phpstorm available with many great features (and ideas for a xf version): http://symfony2-plugin.espend.de/

and because of the millions of ideas, i'd like to hire somebody like the symfony or magento plugin coder, to create this for me/us, instead of having to "code/fight with java code" myself...

Last edited:
probably even the acp and frontpage controllers and routes for you?
just think about xen template language support in the files....
XenStorm supports now template CRUD operations too (admin templates support and the language support isn't finished yet, but creating,editing and deleting works)

template.webp

probably even the acp and frontpage controllers and routes for you?

xenstorm.webp

Last edited:
Hi,

I personally use phpStorm and I really adore it. IMHO, the best IDE at very affordable price. I didn't know there is an addon for xenForo style there, def worth checking.

I use Eclipse with the PDT. I only use Eclipse because I'm used to it from developing Android apps ;)

Liam

As Kevin knows, I'm currently using PhpED.

I should probably try and learn how to utilise it fully...

For you guys using Windows, what's your workstation configuration like? XAMPP + IDE (I'm leaning towards PhpEd) + XF?

As you know, my set up was basically that. Except I use Zend Server rather than XAMPP. The free version of Zend Server seems to perform pretty well straight out of the box.

Standard Mac set up, for me. Installed mySQL and its preference panel and use Sublime. Works out quite well for me.

I'm maybe interested in it. Spend a lot of time developing on different machines. A portable development environment sounds appealing. Depending on how that works in reality.

I'm maybe interested in it. Spend a lot of time developing on different machines. A portable development environment sounds appealing. Depending on how that works in reality.
It's IMO a massive learning curve (for me:D) but once you have your cookbooks/manifests/shellscripts(whatever you want to use:D ), it rocks!
Then it takes only several seconds to automatically set up a VM with all necessary services (and scripts) to start with your work:)

Attachments

• vagrant.webp
    vagrant.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom