Video Host Service

D37

I'm looking for a service where I can upload 3 videos that are about 18 mins each and are only viewable by myself and who I choose to see them. I tried YouTube, but they only allow max 10mins so my videos got rejected.

I'm looking for a service where I can upload 3 videos that are about 18 mins each and are only viewable by myself and who I choose to see them. I tried YouTube, but they only allow max 10mins so my videos got rejected.

Vimeo.com :)

from what i see you would have a 1GB limit on picasaweb video hosting (free account). cannot see a time limit.

youtube has no size limit but time limit.

youtube has no size limit but time limit.
Actually, youtube does have a size and time limit:
Videos can be...

• [*]High Definition
    [*]Up to2 GBin size.
    [*]Up to15minutes in length.
    [*]A wide variety of formats
If you've got your own server, I also recommend the doing it your own way option, OR you can edit the video. It's really not terribly hard to do that with software any more.

picasaweb handles video just fine. the page states the same. you can upload videos using picasa desktop app.

the help page does not mention however if you can upload videos of length greater than 15 minutes which is the limit on youtube.

Upload them to your own site, embed the video into a page or such within your forum or CMS, and create the permissions for users to view it.

I broke a large DVD down into four pieces, for user viewing ease, and embedded them into a page on one site, all sitting on my VPS and embedded using a player. Nothing hard about it...

If you said that the video was going to be streamed by hundreds simultaneously, or series quantities of video.... that would require some dedicated SMTP streaming... otherwise... upload and embed on your hosting.

Actually, youtube does have a size and time limit
Not me me... I have a director's account. It was a system they had in place many years ago, where people accepted into the director's account system have no limits on length of video, and a 20gb limit on file sizes. They have stopped accepting director applications, but they have grandfathered the system in for anyone who already has it.

Not me me... I have a director's account. It was a system they had in place many years ago, where people accepted into the director's account system have no limits on length of video, and a 20gb limit on file sizes. They have stopped accepting director applications, but they have grandfathered the system in for anyone who already has it.
Well that would explain a few things. I always wondered how some people were uploading entire movies..

Thanks everyone. Turns out I'm just gonna burn the videos to DVD and pass them to people instead of having it online. When I do need to host it online I will probably just put it on my server.

Top Bottom