Posted video + images ONLY viewable by Registered including at video host

HydraulicJack

I have videos and images of proprietary information that I only want registered members to be able to view.

Which video service from your available list permits me to lock this content from the general public, including at the hosting service?

Thanks!

I think Vimeo and YouTube can both do limits, but if you just want registered users to be able to view it, that's really not going to be useful. You're likely going to need a modification.

I think Vimeo and YouTube can both do limits, but if you just want registered users to be able to view it, that's really not going to be useful. You're likely going to need a modification.
Thanks for the reply, Mike.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "do limits". Can you please give an example of how I can effect such a "limit" and does it limit access from the general public... e.g. requiring a password that I could give my Registered users?

RE: wanting registered users to be able to view the video...
Yes it's proprietary intellectual property, so I do want to put it in an area of the forum that only Registered Members (and above - Mods, Admins, etc.) can view.

If it does require a mod to effect this, can you please recommend someone capable of doing such a mod, reliably, and at a reasonable cost (small forum, about 1000 members at this time)?

Thanks!

Why don't you just make the node visible only to registered members?

Or allow guests to read the thread titles but not the content.

Thanks for Occam's Razor, Brogan!

And I like your additional suggestion to tease the Guests with the thread title but requiring registration to view the goodies.

And Mike, I'll research the "limits" at the video hosting providers sites to add that layer of protection as well.
Cheers!

Top Bottom