• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Is there a quick way for making a complete reset of all user permissions in every forum/node? (I have no clue yet what is meant by 'nodes').
I mean setting all permissions back to nil...
No there is not, though I did suggest a 'Reset' permission option for a node, in addition to the 'Private Node' check box so the things could be done much quicker (typically forums are offline when converting over, and the faster the better).

A node is a forum, category, page...

Paul me man :) Think this would work with muilty import's as in three vbulletin datebase's one at a time?
I will give it a play on the test server if you think it's posable.
Cheers

Yes, I linked you to that page so you can see that multiple imports are possible.

The import process should be the same, whether you use the 3.x or 4.x importer, although I haven't actually done a 4.x import so I'll let someone confirm that is the case.

Yes, I linked you to that page so you can see that multiple imports are possible.

The import process should be the same, whether you use the 3.x or 4.x importer, although I haven't actually done a 4.x import so I'll let someone confirm that is the case.
Thanks man ive done a few single's imports myself soo hmm only one way to find out than :)

That error simply means you ran out of memory, you need to allow php more memory.

From the path it also looks like it ran out while XF was doing some kind of processing on an image (possibly creating a thumbnail ?).

It's worth noting that PHP's default memory limit is now 128M. XF tries to change it to that, if it's allowed to.

A question for you Paul regarding attachments. I'm migrating from VB4 to XF 1. Floris from Xenfans is doing th work.
We've done a test import and everything worked well but I've a doubt about attachments. In my vB board nearly all the attachments are images showed inline in the message and all the attachments are stored in the file system not in the DB.
After the import these images appears as attachments of the post and not as full images inline. I've tried to change the syntax (attach=config) to (attach=full) with no luck.
Also if I try to click on the image attached (I can see the thumbs) XF tell me that the image cannot be found and, in effect, I cannot see where these full images are.

It's a problem with your importer or something we've to know or to set in the import process? I shouldn't want to bring all the attach in the DB before importing but if this is necessary to make everything work, I'll do it.

[UPDATED] READ BELOW

Another thing I've noticed. If I try to modify the post with the attachments, I can modify the text but I'm not able to see any attachment so I cannot do anything for that. We've stopped the migration project until this thing is sorted out since our attachments are important. Let me know, thanks...

The new test board with the import data is closed now but if you need to check it I can give you full admin access to study the situation...

[UPDATED] READ BELOW

Ok I've to correct my post. I've probably checked the only post with problems on the attachments. I've deeply investigated what happen and that's the real problem.

In all the post with attachments if you click on the thumbnail, the link works and the image appear (I've the problem above on just one post I think). If you modify the post, you see that the image is there and you can see that the image is referenced with a number like 5966 (View attachment 5966) but if you try to put the full image again in the post, you'll se that the image code is another number, like, 3945 and not 5966. If I correct the 5966 and put the 3945 the image is shown inline.

Any idea on how to import the image code correctly?

Assuming I understand this correctly, Im guessing that people created links in their posts to thier attachments, using the attachment number ?

If that's the case then they will indeed fail, as the attachment numbers will have been changed by the import.

I think that's what happened. They insert the image in the post using the icon in the tool bar. What's importat though is that the images are converted. I'll tell everyone to correct their post when they'll see that kind of problem. Tanks anyway.

Ok I've to correct my post. I've probably checked the only post with problems on the attachments. I've deeply investigated what happen and that's the real problem.

In all the post with attachments if you click on the thumbnail, the link works and the image appear (I've the problem above on just one post I think). If you modify the post, you see that the image is there and you can see that the image is referenced with a number like 5966 (View attachment 5966) but if you try to put the full image again in the post, you'll se that the image code is another number, like, 3945 and not 5966. If I correct the 5966 and put the 3945 the image is shown inline.

Any idea on how to import the image code correctly?

This behavior exhibits in vb3 import as well (I'm glad I saw this, I was contemplating vb3 > vb4 > xf just because of this)

AndreaMarucci said:
I'll tell everyone to correct their post when they'll see that kind of problem. Tanks anyway.

o_O Not an option. A fix is needed.

It's become a show stopper for us, I don't care how long or dirty a conversion script would be or take.. there is some scaler attachment(_id) shift that bumps the source and destination id's breaking this :(

Top Bottom