• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

went fairly smooth - I have a small site - 17k posts. didnt take long at all.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it did not transfer over all the avatars. If it was in the old vb avatar section those did not transfer. Only ones that users had uploaded on there own

Just ran this importer on my test installation, and nearly everything imported correctly. Only thing that didnt come across were the CMS articles. None of my CMS articles that were created this year came across, any before 2011 imported fine? Im going to try another import but just wondering whether anyone can shed any light on why this has happened?

Updated for RC 2.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it did not transfer over all the avatars. If it was in the old vb avatar section those did not transfer. Only ones that users had uploaded on there own
Yep, as the step name suggests, it only transfers custom avatars.

Only thing that didnt come across were the CMS articles. None of my CMS articles that were created this year came across, any before 2011 imported fine? Im going to try another import but just wondering whether anyone can shed any light on why this has happened?
Nope, nothing in the CMS transfer is date specific, so I cant explain why that would happen.

If I don't want to import the social groups or articles, would I be fine just skiping the steps for those.

Just ran this importer on my test installation, and nearly everything imported correctly. Only thing that didnt come across were the CMS articles. None of my CMS articles that were created this year came across, any before 2011 imported fine? Im going to try another import but just wondering whether anyone can shed any light on why this has happened?
When was the backup of your live forum made that you did a test import from?

Update: Just tried a new import, and same problem as before. Any articles after July 19th of last year in my main article category do not import. Just checked the imported database, and the articles are there

Then I have no idea, there is no date checking.

Without access to the actual database you are importing, I cant even guess why.

The person most likely to know is me, since I wrote it :)

My best guess would be they are an unknown content type, but as I said, Id need to see the database.

Just imported my vB4 testboard but found only active forum instead of approx. 50-60 forums.
Total number of discussions, messages and members are displayed correctly, but I cannot see the other (sub-)forums :(

Have you rebuilt the caches?

Next thing to check would be permissions: user groups, users and nodes.

Ah okay, I guess it was the permissions o_O

Is there a quick way for making a complete reset of all user permissions in every forum/node? (I have no clue yet what is meant by 'nodes').
I mean setting all permissions back to nil...

Top Bottom