• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Paul M

IMPORTANT

This importer is now retired - it will not work on Xenforo 1.1.x.

------------

This was an Importer for vBulletin 4.0.x & 4.1.x - it was designed for (and works) on Xenforo 1.0.x
This importer was based off the existing vb3 importer, with code added or adapted for vBulletin 4.

The last version [1.280] is compatible with XF 1.0.3 & 1.0.4 only, not 1.1.x

Extra Features

* Import of vb4 post attachments.
* Import of Social Group Images to a set of threads viewable by Staff only.
* Import of Albums, as attachments, to a set of threads viewable by Staff only.
* Import of Social Groups, Blogs & Articles (including all attachments) to a set of forums viewable by Staff only.
* Improved progress display, based on actual amount of data to import.
* Import of positive reputation as post likes (as of xf 1.0.1 this has been added to the vb3 importer as well).

* Note that Social Group Icons are not carried over.

Usage

Unzip the file and then upload it to the \library\XenForo\Importer\ folder.

Latest Version : 1.280
Released : 03 Oct 2011
Retired : 01 Jan 2012

Support

This Importer is not supported.

Attachments

Edrondol

See? Told you Paul was a stand-up guy. Not to beat a dead horse, but the dude took a lot of abuse only a few days ago and not only is he still here as a part of the community, but he's releasing mods that are sorely needed.

I'm going to watch this thread with great interest.

Puntocom

Great.... apart from blogs and cms, is there data loss (albums, profile messages, etc)?

Should be possible to import blogs into threads? in an ideal world, to a Blogs XenForo addon :) I hope it gets out soon

ENF

Paul, much appreciated.

Going to go try this on a few db's and see what comes out the other end.

Paul M

Great.... apart from blogs and cms, is there data loss (albums, profile messages, etc)?
It does only what the vb3 importer does [atm], nothing more.

Profile messages are Visitor messages ?
XF has no Albums to import to unless ive mised something.

Paul M

Also, I have not tested this on attachements stored in the file system, only the database.

From a PC I have, it may need tweaking for file system attachments (or just move them to the db first).

jacko

Also, I have not tested this on attachements stored in the file system, only the database. From a PC I have, it may need tweaking for file system attachments (or just move them to the db first).
I have several GBs of attachments stored in the file system and a small database account, so I won't be able to move them to the database.

ENF

Everything appeared to go fine on a small VB4 forum only database.... attachments were outside the database and appear to have been brought over correctly.

Edit: I have a 2nd DB loading, which is a bit bigger than that one... has a lot more attachments.

Attachments