• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Paul, the importer works like a charm for me. Ran two conversions and they both went smooth as can be.

I just wonder about the meaning of the last option. I cannot remember the exact wording, but it's something along the lines of "if you finish the import, you cannot import anymore in the future" or something like that. Could you please shed a bit of light on exactly what that means? I skimmed the thread for it, but did not see anything. Please excuse me if I overlooked it.

Thats not part of the vb4 importer as such, but the main import system.

When you do an import, a lookup table is created of old ids to new ids (for posts, users, threads etc). If you do another import, the previous lookup data is lost. I suspect you are refering to that message ?

It could be. It's the very last step of the import. I'll try another import some time soon and will try and remember to grab the full message. That lookup table sounds like it might be useful for my own pages as well.

Thanks for replying :)

Not sure if this is an issue with the importer or not. I imported successfully and my members are now in the registered group, but their title is displayed as guest?

Paul hello new here question about your importer.

This is my original site http://www.wickedstangs.com
going to try and move everything to http://www.wickedstangs.net (New/Different Server)

Need to Import:
config3.jpg

If you already have the mySQL database on the new server, you can just enter www.wickedstangs.net in that field. That worked for me.

Off-topic, but why are you moving between domains? That is going to hurt your SEO.
I decide not too.. I am going to leave it on the same server.. It was much easier to do.. Wow, this is a first.. Glad I decided on Xenforo..

its going to be at www.wickedstangs.com/community

has anyone tried this with a forum with over 10k posts? i have a vb4 forum i want to switch :)

All of them? I have done them before apart from the search indexes

** Update ** I found the problem.. I had disabled the cron jobs.. all working now..

Same issue, my members says 1, but I have rebuilt everything and also ran the cron jobs. It still says 1 :(.

has anyone tried this with a forum with over 10k posts? i have a vb4 forum i want to switch :)

When i did a test import of a database backup it was with over 900k posts and it went nice and smoothly. From start to finish took about 5-6hours including cache rebuilds, much quicker then my 'upgrade' to vb4 was

Top Bottom