• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

:D

As I recall, there was a bug in vb3 which occasionally caused huge post counts like that.
Guess they haven't fixed it yet.
Import imported flawlessly or so it appears.
Just need downloads and jaxel's mods and I may be set. :)
Thanks!

Would it be possible to have something that will import user defined fields later to your current set of users... so when the finally release user profile fields we can pull those in?

How can you write code to import data into a table or field that doesn't yet exist in the target database? I think you'll have to wait for that.

Would it be possible to have something that will import user defined fields later to your current set of users... so when the finally release user profile fields we can pull those in?
Nope, its not possible - there is nowhere for the data to go.

I have an Issue....
At my old vb board i have a part which can be accessed just by special Usergroups. This part is not imported into xenforo....
Its a bigger part and to add it by hand would last quit long ;)

There are no permission checks on what is (or isnt) imported. All valid threads and posts are processed.

There are no permission checks on what is (or isnt) imported. All valid threads and posts are processed.

I have to disagree with that. I dont know why and for what reason it is as it is.... But the Forum part is not imported.

Thanks again Paul for this mod. You're a true friend to the many of us! :D
I am very happy too that u´ve done this importer

I have to disagree with that. I dont know why and for what reason it is as it is.... But the Forum part is not imported.

Well you can disagree if you want, but that wont change the way it works. :D

There is only one case in which a forum is not imported - and that is the CMS comments forum in vBulletin suite - that is bypassed because the comments are pulled in later by the CMS import step.

Hi, I imported my VB 4 forum to a test xenforo forum which seemd to work like a dream, very impressed.. my only problem is that total members is showing as 1.. have a missed something obvious?

It's possible that the caches need to be rebuilt.
You can do that in the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

It's possible that the caches need to be rebuilt.
You can do that in the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches

All of them? I have done them before apart from the search indexes

** Update ** I found the problem.. I had disabled the cron jobs.. all working now..

I had Problems with importing the Blogs. At 100% Percent, everytime the Page which displays 100% showed up.
I disabled the Blog in the Database, and then it works again.

What happens if you import more than once?
I imported one site to test things out.
When I get ready to do the "switch" - what would be required to reimport everything for a final pass?

If you test the import several times it'll increment the post counts, likes received and trophy points. Before you do your final import, go to your SQL and zero out message count, trophy points and likes received in your XF.

I wish I had.

What happens if you import more than once?
I imported one site to test things out.
When I get ready to do the "switch" - what would be required to reimport everything for a final pass?
I needed to delete and import everything back. If you created a new style, export the style first so you can import that back too.

Top Bottom