• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Why on earth would I owe him any donations? He offered it here for free and what we do with it is none of his business. If I make a free add-on and you use it on your commercial site - then my addon basically helps you make money - do I get 12% of your yearly profits? Doubtful.

No, but i'd expect to make a one off contribution to the author to "thank" them for it - after all - i am making money from it, and imo the author should get something from it.

Guess it's all down to conscisnce and what you think is right. You dont OWE him anything, but it's good manners to donat somethin. Yes it's a free script - but if PaulM hadnt created it then you wouldnt have earnt $. However if i was to make $ from it then i would expect to make at least a contribution to pass on my "thanks" for making me some money!

Anyhow enough of this, since it's sposed to be a Mod thread :)

Hi there. I wanted to import from vb 4.1 Suite and got this error

"Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xFCcke' for column 'title' at row 1"

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 546
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 316
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 684
XenForo_Model_Import->importForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 3544
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->buildImportForum() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 3023
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepArticles() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 105
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.eu/subdomains/xf/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

btw. i was trying to import the cms.

Paul,

Would it be possible to change the script to allow the user just to import posts? I remember you saying earlier in the thread that "You can import into a forum that already has posts and users." - i would like to be able to import posts only from an old forum into a new forum - not users or anything else... almost like an incremental post restore...

Or is this already possible??

There's something i'd like to be able to do with xF, however it involves the writing of a new Mod. no-one seems interested at present, and i'll be honest and wouldnt know where to start, so the only way would to run the original vb4 mod offline, import the posts, and then empty the old forum ready for the next time.

Unless you fancy the job of course :)

Cheers
Paul

Posts need to go somewhere, as well as needing to belong to someone in order to appear.

Its like importing several DB's into one DB... being they must all be imported, then you would have to shift threads around.

Posts need to go somewhere, as well as needing to belong to someone in order to appear.

Its like importing several DB's into one DB... being they must all be imported, then you would have to shift threads around.

They are all date/timestamped in vB - also all posters are "guests". Since if i check my userlist after importing these only i exist as a "user" then this wouldnt be a problem, although i'm happy to bow to those that know better, rather than break it :)
The posts would leave and be imported from/to the same forums as present, so nothing changes there. So both From and Two forums are the same.

I have to admit tho that i just assumed they would be appended just as an import would create the "next" available thread.

Would it be possible to change the script to allow the user just to import posts? I remember you saying earlier in the thread that "You can import into a forum that already has posts and users." - i would like to be able to import posts only from an old forum into a new forum - not users or anything else... almost like an incremental post restore...
No, it wouldnt be possible, because it makes no sense. :)

Posts have to be posted by someone, therefore you must also import the associated users, and they in turn must belong to a usergroup, so you must import them as well.

So the minimum requirement is usergroups > users > posts (and threads). This is already possible.

The posts need to go into forums as well, so you'd have to import those too (which import permissions, which need user groups). :)

Lol Fair enough :) May work as you say - usergroups > users > posts (and threads) in my instance :) Just thought i would try to make it easier :) However you guys are Right :D Will try and see if it will work as is :)

Cheers
Paul

XF v1.0b4
vB4.0
Importer 1.42
Still a problem.
Thanks a million for this!

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Out of range value adjusted for column 'message_count' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
   2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
   3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 953
   4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_mergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 667
   5. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 488
   6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
   7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 161
   8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 105
   9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xfnccbmw/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Still ?
I dont recall seeing that posted before.

I dont think its actually a bug - it looks like you have a user with an unrealistically high post count (in the billions), most likely bad data in your database.

Still ?
I dont recall seeing that posted before.

I dont think its actually a bug - it looks like you have a user with an unrealistically high post count (in the billions), most likely bad data in your database.
I read something similar in post 350. That's why I mentioned still.
I'll take a closer look at my v4 database before importing again.

ADDED: You are right. I have 17 members with 429,496,729 posts. :)

Top Bottom