• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

There would be no way to do it other than scanning every post for possible links and converting them one at a time. That would be a time consuming process.

Im afraid that its not something that will be added to this Importer. To me, the time and effort involved is just not justified, few people would need it.

Your best bet is to see if someone will write a custom script to do it for you. The system stores the data you need in the Import Log (as 'attachment' records).

A "BIG Thank You" for this Importer, Paul. For our Community the Importer has done his work perfect.........VB is now History :)

Thanks !

Hi!

I have a little problem and would need some help.
While importing attachments, I have this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 55640424 bytes) in [path]/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 77

Well, I do know I have large images and there are problems creating thumbnails, but how can I proceed importing? Can I bypass creating thumbs somehow?

As far as I can see, that only refers to posts using ATTACH BB tags, not any using IMG tags (which is much more common I would think).

All my users have always used the ATTACH BB code. The only thing is that, as you know, the codes are not correct. Do you think that it's possible to create a script or something like that to correct this problem?

Yes, technically its perfectly possible.

However, its not something I have time for atm.

Edit;

After seeing the reply in the other thread, It'll be interesting to see exactly what the "fix" they have applied is.

Im guessing its something along the lines of knowing the old postid as each attachment is pulled in, mapping that to the new postid, then updating the post with the new attachment id.

Such a process could be a little more complex in vb4 as one attachment can belong to multiple posts - that cannot happen in vb3.

JFYI, there are a few importer changes in XF 1.0.1, which I will look at (and possibly incorporate) when I have time - however, in the meantime I believe the current version should continue to work fine as is.

JFYI, there are a few importer changes in XF 1.0.1, which I will look at (and possibly incorporate) when I have time - however, in the meantime I believe the current version should continue to work fine as is.
The importer model should have no API breaks, so I think you're right there.

I have a question, I have a test site which I used this add-on to import data a few months ago and all works fine, if a re-import again for a second or third time etc will it overwrite the data or duplicate it or is it best to do it to an empty xenforo install?

Repeating the import process will result in duplicated content, including attachments and avatars. Users however will not be duplicated, due to the constraint related to user names.

http://xenforo.com/help/importing/

Take a backup of your test database once you have finished configuring it.
Then you can do as many test imports and restores as you like until you are ready to do the final import.

I've done a few of these imports and so far, so good. My next migration will be a site where images are stored in the filesystem. The importer seems to find these ./image_directory

Are there any pitfalls associated with importing this way? Is there any reason why I might want to move them back into the database in vB before running the importer?

Thanks.

Top Bottom