VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Please be aware that due to medical reasons I will be unavailable for a few weeks (maybe not until October). Please consider this when asking questions, testing beta versions, or purchasing a license, if you do any of this before I return.

Please be aware that due to medical reasons I will be unavailable for a few weeks (maybe not until October). Please consider this when asking questions, testing beta versions, or purchasing a license, if you do any of this before I return.
I having this issue when i try to remove it, what can i do?

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1146]: Table 'admin_xenforo.vw_parsed' doesn't exist in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/controller/db/xf2.php at line 117
  5. vw_DB_Controller_XF2->query_write() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/db/mysql/vw.php at line 1330
  6. vw_DB_MySQL_Model->shutdown_or_run() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/db/mysql/vw.php at line 366
  7. vw_DB_MySQL_Model->delete() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/rebuild/vw.php at line 33
  8. vw_Rebuild_Model->parsed() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/rebuild/xf2.php at line 36
  9. vw_Rebuild_Model_XF2->parsed() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/rebuild/vw.php at line 27
  10. vw_Rebuild_Model->bbcode() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/model/rebuild/xf2.php at line 30
  11. vw_Rebuild_Model_XF2->bbcode() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/controller/uninstall/xf2.php at line 49
  12. vw_UnInstall_Controller_XF2->remove_insertions() in src/addons/vw/vw/_core/controller/uninstall/vw.php at line 46
  13. vw_UnInstall_Controller->insertions() in src/addons/vw/vw/Setup.php at line 983
  14. vw\vw\Setup->uninstallStep1() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 59
  15. vw\vw\Setup->uninstallStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUninstallTrait.php at line 26
  16. vw\vw\Setup->uninstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 635
  17. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUninstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  18. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 248
  19. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  20. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  21. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  22. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  23. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi, couple questions. (I know you are away a bit).

Can we apply wiki features to existing threads, and leave those threads in their existing sub-forums? Basically just looking to turn first post into a shared update area, but leave the threads and forum structure otherwise the same.

Any ETA on XF 2.0 compatibility?

No, wiki is separate software. All wiki content is in the domain.com/wiki/ section. Your members will need to click on the wiki tab or follow a wiki link to access the wiki.

Vaultwiki does integrate with your forum content in the sense that words can be turned into wiki links and you can place wiki widgets on pages. Wiki bbcode is usable in posts.

There is a beta version that is compatible with 2.1
You can use this on your staging site until a gold version comes out for production sites.

No, wiki is separate software. All wiki content is in the domain.com/wiki/ section. Your members will need to click on the wiki tab or follow a wiki link to access the wiki.

Vaultwiki does integrate with your forum content in the sense that words can be turned into wiki links and you can place wiki widgets on pages. Wiki bbcode is usable in posts.

There is a beta version that is compatible with 2.1
You can use this on your staging site until a gold version comes out for production sites.
Thanks for the clarification!

The VaultWiki software also adds A LOT of new tables to the master XenForo database, FYI.

The latest version of VaultWiki for XF 2.1.x, which is VaultWiki 4.1 Beta 3, Build 1, has a flaw that does not allow it to be installed when doing an upgrade from a previous VW 4.1 Beta 2 installation. There is a short-term workaround, which is detailed on the VW web site in the "Support" section. I do not know if this bug also applies to a "new" install or not. Also, VaultWiki also has a "Lite" (free) version that allows you to test the software before doing a full (purchased) install/upgrade.

There is a option to buy it for a month. Which means that for $10 you can buy the latest version and try that. You can use that version for as long as you want.

It looks like VaultWiki has both a free (VaultWiki Lite) and $10 trial version available, as stepping stones to the full paid version.

The $10 version is the full version. It's just limited to the version that exists now and does not give access to future versions.

Right, so I am in the market for a Wiki Software, and I'm hoping to get some insight.

In laymans terms, I would like to be told why I should pay 150 for this wiki software. What are the tangible benefits to me, as someone who is not techy, and really wants to deal with as few systems as possible. This is for an all original IP Science Fantasy website, so ease of use is ultimate. Does it share it's cPanel with Xenforo? will it use roles I make on Xenforo to decide who can and cannot post on the wiki? What would the tangible benefit be to me?

I asked the people who made XWiki the same question and they had no idea what to say. I want the sales pitch. Sell me the software please.

You should try it out for yourself and then ask questions. You can use the current version for just 10 bucks. Just see if you like it or not.

No, I would much rather ask questions before I buy it. The reason being, is that putting these programs up, and, if I don't like them, taking them down again, is a long process filled with a lot of work. Especially given I am currently deciding between XWiki and VaultWiki.

I especially don't want to spend money. I ask questions about the car, before I test drive the car. If I just drove every car out there, I would waste a lot of time trying to figure out what I don't and do like. The point of the person with you, at least at any good car dealership, is to ask you questions regarding how you'll use the car, and tell you what about the vehicles will suit your needs.

I was told, that Vaultwiki is only sorta integrated with Xenforo. That it will show up on the website, but you can't do a lot of cross forum connecting like you can with XWiki, as well as linking discussions to Wiki pages and the like.

How mobile friendly is this?

How easy is it to use on the back end? Will I have multiple cPanels to manage?

How are the plug ins? What's the syntax like?

I am building a website for a community of Sci-Fi writers who want to collectively build an IP, which is why a Wiki is needed. So that we have a place to organize everything.

I am building a website for a community of Sci-Fi writers who want to collectively build an IP, which is why a Wiki is needed. So that we have a place to organize everything.

For that use case have a look at my sites. https://Chroniclesrp.net and https://www.theexpanse-rp.com/

Feel free to steal our infoboxes etc

Commebts and discussions I think can go to forums, but I prefer them on a tab on the page. Syntax is bbcode, with a few useful additions.

The auto-linking is my favourite feature. Someone creates a new city or ship, event time its name is written in posts it gets autolinks with a nice popup (which for us means a mouse hover brings up the infobox)

It uses categories which is necessary for any wiki. It allows tags. It also has books (which are a mess of pages and frankly pointless) and Areas (sort of like wiki categories but closer to forum nodes, you can set permissions by area).

Beware, you'll spend a lot of time submitting bugs to them. In the time I've been running xf itself has generated about 10 errors. To date probably around 10,000 from Vault Wiki.

The version that works on 2.1 is still a release candidate. They failed to release a working version before 1.5 was declared EoL which is disappointing.

That said, we've got it configured now, it works nicely. Use an addon that allows post templates and add you wiki templates to it. Allows users quicker access to them.

I don't know who told you that VaultWiki is "only sorta integrated with XenForo". VaultWiki is a XenForo add-on, not a bridge to external software. This means the user accounts, search, etc is the same system. That might be a plus or minus for you, depending on your needs.

Wiki content shows up in XenForo search.
New wiki updates show up in XenForo's What's New, profile activity, user alerts, etc.
Wiki contribution counters appear on the user's profile and can be used for trophies, forum-notice criteria, etc.
The wiki editor is the same editor as regular forum posts, supporting the same BB-Codes as forum posts (and then some).
You can use XenForo's bookmarks on wiki content.
You can use XenForo's Like/Reaction functionality on wiki content.
You can have wiki content and edits require approval, and you can give that approval using XenForo's approval queue.
There are a number of wiki-related widgets that you can use as XenForo widgets in its sidenav, sidebar, etc.

As @expanserpb noted, VaultWiki allows auto-linking of terms.
Unlike XWiki, VaultWiki is not namespaced. This means that kinds of wiki content (categories, etc) are not explicitly tied to any one title prefix (such as Category:CategoryName in XWiki). VaultWiki is organized in areas, which is a hierarchy like forums, and allows you to put custom permissions for the wiki based on the user's XenForo usergroups.

There are really way too many features and options to try to talk about here.

However, since you asked about it, VaultWiki does not currently provide a way to automatically put discussions in specific forums. They are a separate comments section under the content or on a new tab, like comments on a user's profile are not in the forums. However, you can sort of do this with a patchwork of BB-Codes linking to unique forums, and/or by using the wiki integration positions available in forums and threads (create a thread and insert the wiki content above it). For a more streamlined way to connect forum threads as a discussion list, there are plans to add that capability in the next branch (that could be a long time so if it's a deal breaker then maybe XWiki is for you).

Top Bottom