VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Which vw_ entries are you referring to? Entries in xf_data_registry, entries in xf_search_index, or something else?

If you wish to remove the add-on completely: uninstallation of add-ons involving content-types is not generally simple, as there will be records in search index, likes, etc. You should use the uninstall option for that add-on which will remove as much data as possible.

@Alfa1 Reading between the lines, the next release might be a beta :D. The vulnerabilities fixed in the 4.0.x patch notes from a few days ago mentions "4.1.0 Beta 1" for the 4.1 branch. A step closer to production...

With XenForo 1.5 becoming end of life at the end of this month, I think now it is essential that any major features not already implemented are put on the backburner. The priority should be stability/bug fixes for the XF2.1 version of VaultWiki 4.1.

Which vw_ entries are you referring to? Entries in xf_data_registry, entries in xf_search_index, or something else?

If you wish to remove the add-on completely: uninstallation of add-ons involving content-types is not generally simple, as there will be records in search index, likes, etc. You should use the uninstall option for that add-on which will remove as much data as possible.

Sorry for the delay, I was just wondering if these were part of the mod. Thought vw = vaultwiki

db.webp

4.1.0 Beta 1 is now available over on the VaultWiki site. For anyone not following the VaultWiki developments, 4.1.0 adds XF2.x support.

Edit: 4.0.26 is the latest stable release (without XF2.x support)

Sorry for the delay, I was just wondering if these were part of the mod. Thought vw = vaultwiki

View attachment 201765
Yes, these are VaultWiki-related database tables. These should have been removed by the uninstall process. If they were not removed, I would expect some kind of error message on your screen or in your logs that would have indicated a problem. If you have uninstalled it and have no intention to reinstall using the same database, then removing the tables manually should be fine.

edit
The dev is pretty active on the main site and has addressed my questions.

----------old------------

Is there any support here for 4.1.0 Beta 1? I posted some questions about it at the dev's site but didn't want it to go unnoticed.
Well actually, it is also a problem in the XF1 version too.

I've noticed there isn't any way to view all pages being made in the full wiki. Am I missing it or is this a crucial feature not implemented? How am I supposed to manage all the pages made?

Hello,
If I'm not mistaken, currently, we are only able to get a hierarchy of subpages in a table of contents if we create a hierarchy of books.
For example:
Book 1 (Book)
--Chapter 1 (Book)
----Section 1 (Page)

This shows this layout in the table of contents, which is nice.

[Issue 1]
However, the breadcrumbs don't show full pathway of this hierarchy when viewing Section 1 page for example. It just shows:
Home > Wiki (Area) > Books (sub Area) > Algebra 1 (Book)
instead of:
Home > Wiki > Books (sub Area) > Algebra 1 (Book) > Chapter 1 (Book)

This is a frustrating user experience and I would rather remove the breadcrumb at this point (which I don't know how to).

[Issue 2]
The area where it lists pages in books also displays all book types which can be frustrating. Even if I filter it to show only books (not pages or categories for example), due to the hierarchy limiting to books, it shows more than my "Algebra 1" and unfortunately shows "Chapter 1" also.

Is there any way we can limit how deep of a hierarchy it would show? So for example, "show only books on top of the hierarchy, instead of showing sub-books."

Hope issue 1 and 2 can be resolved somehow
frown.png

If not, any way we can have the option to hide breadcrumbs or "Pages in Books" listing? This way I can just manually add my own without these confusing layout being an eyesore.

In admin panel, we can go to area settings and play with "Discussion Topics Allowed in this Area" setting.

It seems like [Main Discussion] setting was meant for comments and [User-Created Topics] was meant for discussions.

If I just enable [User-Created Topics], it will show previously created threads, but it doesn't let me create new ones.
Also, the comments header is still on the page being an eyesore, despite it being disabled.

Is this a bug or is there any way we can just get it where threads and creating threads are allowed, while "comments" are completely removed? Having both makes it look bloated and really confuses users as there doesn't seem a real need to have both...

These are crucial issues and features missing for this wiki.

Last edited:
This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

This resource has been restored. As mentioned earlier, there have been a few betas for 4.1.x happening which I've not posted about here since they are beta versions. But they do support XenForo 1.x, as well as 2.x, and we're getting more stable by the day, so I'll post some details about the last few betas shortly. That way you can see what's new as we approach a stable proposal.

Top Bottom