VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.20

(released October 17, 2017)
  • Wiki-only Option for Navbar Search
  • Class for Add-Ons to Register Their Own Auto-Link Types and Toggles
  • Separate Protection Toggle for Adding/Removing Node Children
  • Username Suggestion when creating Moderators, Masks, and viewing Contributions
  • Option to display FOOTNOTEs inline without using REFLIST
  • Reduced size of search results URL
  • Unsent instant notifications now expire after 7 days
  • Compatibility with more versions of [bd] Widget...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Dat's alotta updates !
Yeah, I hadn't posted any updates on this thread since the beginning of the year, even though the VaultWiki site had those updates.

I feel like what you see here is an area for improvement in XenForo though. It doesn't make sense to notify you about the same action-type on the same resource if you haven't reacted to the last notification about that resource (since your last visit or within a cutoff).

The addon installer notifies webmasters about new version or if the current version is up to date. This is done based upon the version string in this resource. Even though the version 4.0.20 is listed here it's not listed as the resource version and therefore there still is a mismatch with the addon installer version check.

After upgrading to 4.0.21 my TaigaChat stopped working and chrome is displaying this:

Code:
Error parsing header X-XSS-Protection: 1, 1: expected semicolon at character position 2. The default protections will be applied.

Also:
Code:
XenForo_Exception: Database Error: INSERT INTO `vw_ping` (`dateline`, `nodetypeid`, `nodeid`, `itemtypeid`, `itemid`, `userid`, `pingtype`) VALUES (1518726013,3,3,1,113,0,0), (1518726013,0,0,1,113,0,0) Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '0-113-1-3-3-0' for key 'userid' - vault\core\controller\db\xf.php:187
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago

After deactivating VaultWiki, my TaigaChat works again and the message is gone.

Last edited:
This thread is not the best place to report bugs. It will get buried in 37 pages.

For the X-XSS-Protection issue, please edit library/vw/XenForo/ViewPublic.php. Find:
Code:
				$renderer = new XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic($fc->getDependencies(), $fc->getResponse(), $fc->getRequest());
				self::$instance = new vw_XenForo_ViewPublic($renderer, $fc->getResponse());
Replace with:
Code:
				$response = $fc->getResponse();
				$response = clone $response;

$renderer = new XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic($fc->getDependencies(), $response, $fc->getRequest());
				self::$instance = new vw_XenForo_ViewPublic($renderer, $response);
For the database error, I can't explain what is happening or post the fix on a public forum. The fix will be folded into 4.0.21 in a few minutes and included in next month's security patches. The issue has existed for several years.

EDIT: The fix is now included in 4.0.21.

Last edited:
The fix will be folded into 4.0.21 in a few minutes and included in next month's security patches. The issue has existed for several years.

EDIT: The fix is now included in 4.0.21.
What kinda fix? The DB one or the XSS protection one? Since you apparently can't post the fix for the DB error in a public forum, can I create an issue on your page so I can fix that on my forum?

Should I just re-download 4.0.21 and update the files, then?

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.22

(released April 13, 2018)
  • Custom Reason for Mass Replace
  • Performance improvements to some deferred tasks
  • Removed version number from cache-buster
  • Fixed missing CSS for some wiki content inserted on non-wiki pages
  • Fixed URLs as template arguments being treated as invalid
  • Over 20 other fixes and improvements

Read the rest of this update entry...

Vaultwiki 4.1.0 Alpha is out. This is compatible with XF2.
Be aware that "Alpha" is in the version name. It is an early Alpha and should not be used in production. Much like the XF2 alphas, you should only use it for testing, and expect to update frequently (possibly nightly builds). You WILL encounter bugs; that is sort of the point of alpha testing.

Much like the XF2 alphas, you should only use it for testing, and expect to update frequently (possibly nightly builds).
Thanks for your continuous efforts! Since we're preparing to upgrade XF1.5 to 2.1, do you have an estimated time frame for VaultWiki?

Or is it possible to just upgrade to XF2.1 without VW for now and update VW later when it's released, thus allowing us to re-enable it?

Yes, it is possible to perform the following:
  1. Already have VaultWiki installed on XenForo 1.5.x.
  2. Upgrade XenForo 1.5.x -> 2.1.x.
  3. Upgrade VaultWiki to a XenForo 2.x-compatible version.

Top Bottom