VaultWiki

VaultWiki [Paid] 4.1.7 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
In the AdminCP > Options / Setup > Options > VaultWiki: Miscellaneous > Show Wiki Statistics on Forum Home?

Yes, you can set a different Wiki Base URL in the addon's Site Config options group. A subdomain should work as long as your server allows traffic and cookies on it.

How do I use attachments in VaultWiki? The [file] BBCode isn't showing up. How come you never implemented the default attachment handler, wouldn't that have been easier or is it for legacy purposes? I would really love an option to use the default attachment system.

During a File Health Check, my system returned the following:

Code:
vault/core/view/content/list/base/vw.php
File does not contain expected contents.
vault/core/view/cp/index/vw.php
vault/core/model/parser/sideways/fake/xf.php
vault/core/controller/import/handle/vw4/prefix/vw.php
vault/core/controller/ui/special/data/wikicodelist/vw.php
library/vw/XenForo/DataWriter/BbCode.php
vault/core/view/factory/listitem/vw.php
vault/core/model/tag/xf.php

Is this normal for VW?

RPG Maker MV - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Everyone including me on my site gets this error when trying to translate the page, and no one knows how to edit the page either. Could you help me with this?

How do I use attachments in VaultWiki? The [file] BBCode isn't showing up. How come you never implemented the default attachment handler, wouldn't that have been easier or is it for legacy purposes? I would really love an option to use the default attachment system.
When using the default attachment system, it is almost impossible to let users collaborate on the attachments without data loss or permissions escalation issues, or to save the file content history that can be rolled back. There are tons of discussions about this from vBulletin days when the default attachment handler was used and all the problems it caused.

During a File Health Check, my system returned the following:

Is this normal for VW?
This shouldn't happen normally, but might happen if you last uploaded a patch or "only changed files". It might also happen if you modified a file yourself, changed the file encodings, or the server chose a different line-break style for those files (e.g. Unix vs Windows). It is possible that one or more of these or the sums file were not replaced by the last upgrade.

If you are really concerned about it, go to our web site, download a fresh copy of the package, and re-upload everything.

RPG Maker MV - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Everyone including me on my site gets this error when trying to translate the page, and no one knows how to edit the page either. Could you help me with this?
If this is only happening to one page, check the History tab or the moderation queue to make sure that there isn't already an edit waiting for review.

If this is only happening to one kind of page, like the index, an area, or a book, double check the permissions for editing and translating. Every kind of page has a separate set of permissions. You might also be using custom permissions. The top of the permissions editor will usually tell you if custom permissions are in effect. If all else fails you can request Ticket Support via the Members area on the VaultWiki site so a fresh set of eyes can look at it.

I too am looking at building a wiki, just trying to work out the key differences between this and media wiki? (novice media wiki users..sorry.. Besides design, what else can I achieve with it and can I use the XF tags with this?

This shouldn't happen normally, but might happen if you last uploaded a patch or "only changed files". It might also happen if you modified a file yourself, changed the file encodings, or the server chose a different line-break style for those files (e.g. Unix vs Windows). It is possible that one or more of these or the sums file were not replaced by the last upgrade.

If you are really concerned about it, go to our web site, download a fresh copy of the package, and re-upload everything.
Can I just re-upload, or do I have to run the install script again?

When using the default attachment system, it is almost impossible to let users collaborate on the attachments without data loss or permissions escalation issues, or to save the file content history that can be rolled back. There are tons of discussions about this from vBulletin days when the default attachment handler was used and all the problems it caused.
Alright but the BBCode for attachments for VK isn't showing up even when I set it to appear on non-wiki editors.

If this is only happening to one page, check the History tab or the moderation queue to make sure that there isn't already an edit waiting for review.

If this is only happening to one kind of page, like the index, an area, or a book, double check the permissions for editing and translating. Every kind of page has a separate set of permissions. You might also be using custom permissions. The top of the permissions editor will usually tell you if custom permissions are in effect. If all else fails you can request Ticket Support via the Members area on the VaultWiki site so a fresh set of eyes can look at it.
It shows no moderation queue, and I have everything set to yes on the permissions.

Any sites that have successfully adopted VaultWiki that can be shown?
I recommend using the other Wiki service. I have a huge issue, and they want me to go on their site and post when they don't allow any posting on their site, and the one category you can post on it gives you an error. You also have to spend $10 a month if you want support. I can't get it to work at all, someone posted something on it, and it mod queued it (Which I can't take off) and when I accepted it, it doesn't show up, and now like no one can use the Wiki.

and they want me to go on their site and post when they don't allow any posting on their site, and the one category you can post on it gives you an error. You also have to spend $10 a month if you want support. I can't get it to work at all, someone posted something on it, and it mod queued it (Which I can't take off) and when I accepted it, it doesn't show up, and now like no one can use the Wiki.
If you cannot post on the support site, it sounds like you are not logged in. I checked your account and it is able to create test threads, posts, bugs, etc. So I'm not sure what your issue is with the support site.

Aside from that, the Ticket Support that I recommended if the permissions are messed up on your wiki is a free service via the Members area on the site when you are logged in. This is free even for people with the Lite version, you don't need to pay to get to this option. When using this option, you don't need to post your information in a public place. The request is sent directly to support personnel.

I don't suppose anyone has some live sites with this running, they'd be happy to share with people do they?

I received this error after installing VaultWiki, it shows when I clicked Wiki panel inside Admin Control Panel:

PHP:
ErrorException: stream_register_wrapper(): Protocol s3:// is already defined. - library/Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php:940

It's AWS S3 related, I have Zend framework intergration with S3 for avatars.

I put this in /library/config (no additional plugin needed):

require_once 'Zend/Service/Amazon/S3.php';
$s3 = new Zend_Service_Amazon_S3('API KEY', 'API SECRET');//credentials of iam user with s3 permissions
$s3->registerStreamWrapper("s3");

$config['externalDataPath'] = 's3://[bucket]';
$config['externalDataUrl'] = 'https://[access address for bucket]'; //this address can be the s3 address or another address that utilises a CDN

Top Bottom