1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Users not getting confirmation email!

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jagger433, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Jagger433

Jagger433 Member

Error Info
    Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
    Generated By: JAKE_FM, 27 minutes ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
    #1 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #2 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
    #3 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #4 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('meakins5jake@li...', 'JAKE_FM')
    #5 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
    #6 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
    #7 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #8 /home/dlccatqx/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
    ["url"] => string(61) "http://www.dlccraft.net/index.php?account-confirmation/resend"
    ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["account-confirmation/resend"] => string(0) ""
    }
    ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/index.php?members/jake_fm.2/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    }

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately there is nothing to indicate what the error is.
    You would need to check the mail log on the server to determine what the cause is.

3. davb

davb Member

In your emails options use default settings. Or create an excluzive email account to send mails. and set smtp options

4. Jagger433

Jagger433 Member

Untitled.png

5. davb

davb Member

Your mail settings is set to default. that is what you want i guess.

however, the originating email is gmail.com not your domain email like some@yourdomain.com

some host may not let like that

6. Jagger433

Jagger433 Member

Ok, i've changed it to dlc@dlccraft.net and it still doesn't appear to be working

7. davb

davb Member

Then try

SMTP option

with the mail settings provided by your host?

usually

server name: mail.dlccraft.net

username: email you created
    pwd: pwd u created

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As I assume you're not on a VPS or dedicated server, you would need to check with your host to confirm that whether the mail agent on the server is working and whether mailing is configured correctly in PHP.

As mentioned, SMTP is an option, but we generally recommend the default method if possible.

9. Jeff Fuqua

Jeff Fuqua Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem with a registered member not getting an email sent to web.de. I don't see mail logs in the admin so wondered how I might see if the forum is mailing the confirmation to him. He has checked his spam folder with no luck. Thanks.

10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to check the server mail log.