XF 1.5 Users can't change avatar

Chosen

Hey community,

I have a little issue since I moved my board to my new server (I had to change from Debian 7 to Windows Server 2012 R2). My users can't change their avatars. When they are trying to change the avatar, xenforo reacts like all is okay. But it just keeps the old avatar and there is no file loaded up to the target destination (data/avatars/...)

To get it work, I have started searching for the same problem on the Internet. But all researches with no solution for me :(

Small System Overview:
  • Board: XF 1.5.2
  • Board was installed in Debian 7 Wheezy (64 bit) with apache web server
  • Now using Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bit) with Microsoft IIS 8

What I've tried/collected up to now:
Permissions
: the web server group "IIS_IUSRS" has full privileges to all of the needed files. (website is running well except for my problem)
Let the board fix it itself: I've tried to
-> check file integrity
-> rebuild master data
-> rebuild caches and indices (got me this error: http://pastebin.com/paMaybFR)
- Error Logs: I've tried to have a look on error logs from the xenforo board itself or the Microsoft IIS web server. Haven't found something useful there

Greetings and much thanks for trying to help me!
Chosen

I can upload attachments without problems and thumbnails are also built as I would expect it.

I was trying to fix it with upgrading to the latest xenforo version but the upgrade routine is telling me that both of the directions "data" and "internal_data" don't have enough permissions.
I'm trying to find a new way to let xenforo get permissions there...

Hm, looks like it is working now...
Thanks a lot for trying to help me this fast!

It was only a IIS permission problem. Hopefully all is fixed now!

Thanks and have a nice day!
Chosen

Top Bottom