Username Change by Siropu

Username Change by Siropu 1.2.5

No permission to download
You can achieve that by removing this part of code in ControllerPublic/Account.php:
PHP:
else if ($this->_getHistoryModel()->usernameExistsInHistory($username, $userId))
            {
                $errors[] = new XenForo_Phrase('siropu_username_change_exists_in_history', array('username' => $username));
            }

Thank you for making this plugin. I have 2 suggestions.
  1. Would it be possible to display how many name changes people have left in the template?
  2. Would it be possible to have a setting where people get a free name change in the first 2 days, and then they have to wait for a year to change it again?

1. I might add this in the future.
  2. You can set the change interval from permissions but it won't do what you want.

Thanks for your hard work on this addon Siropu. Having an odd little issue I'm hoping you can help with. The addon does seem to be preventing users from changing their name to one another user recently used, however we've just had a couple of cases of new users registering accounts with those names. Is there anything that could be done to prevent that?

When I try to register a username that was used before I get this message: "We are sorry, the username 'xxx' has been used before and cannot be reused." so I don't understand how can someone bypass that. Please give some examples of usernames that could still be used after change, maybe I'm missing something.

The first occurrence of this was with a user named "Maniacal Engineer", so unless it's the space in that name somehow I don't think it's the username itself causing the issue. Would a list of the addons we have currently installed on our forums be of any use in tracking it down?

I'm not sure if your addon would check this, but we did check to confirm the user who'd registered the account wasn't the same user as the one who originally had that username. Alter-Ego Detector isn't registering a match between them on either cookie or IP.

Hey Siropu,

Apologies again - I was just wondering is it possible to block or disable certain names being picked?

I have it set so that I must approve users joining my forum, however once joined names such as "Admin" or "Administrator" could be picked, or even swear words, which isn't really ideal.

Would it be possible to block names from being changed to these types of things?

Hi @Siropu

How am I able to remove this link from the drop down menu?
Thanks for this nice addon :)

Attachments

• uc.webp
    uc.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom