Username Change by Siropu

Username Change by Siropu 1.2.5

No permission to download
We are going to install this wonderful add-on and would like to hear what some of you are using for your settings and permissions. We want this to be useful for the members that need it, but don't want this be abused or overused either.

So, what settings do you all use for these in your forum?
  1. User Group Permissions - Maximum number of changes
  2. User Group Permissions - Minimum days between changes
  3. Options page - Minimum Days Registered Required
  4. Options page - Minimum Posts Required
  5. Announcements Forum - Enable or Disable

User Group Permissions - Maximum number of changes
Registered & Donators: 3, Moderators: 6, Admins: not limited
User Group Permissions - Minimum days between changes
Registered & Donators: inherited from options page, Moderators: 7 days (1 week), Admins: not limited
Options page - Minimum Days Registered Required
30 days
Options page - Minimum Posts Required
0 posts - I thought there might be some members who haven't gotten around posting a lot, especially since we have chat rooms.
Announcements Forum - Enable or Disable
Enabled. But I've set it to specifically post the announcement in Staff Only forums, which only staffs (admins and mods) can see.

First off, thank you @Siropu for this great add-on. We'll be checking out your work. :)

We had a couple requests for consideration for this add-on:

(1) We would like there to be an option to have a field like "Updated Username" (or "Formerly Known as [insert old name here]") displayed underneath avatars on the thread pages. This would work similar to the staff badge that is currently in place. It might be nice to have this displayed for a specified amount of time to more easily alert other members of the username change.

(2) Instead of having username changes post to new threads. Is it possible to optionally have username changes post to one existing thread instead? It might keep the large forums a little cleaner when there is a lot of activity going on.

Thanks for your consideration!

We just tried installing this add-on. First the files were uploaded to the proper folder. After adding the xml file via the Admin CP, we received this error:

Code:
Invalid class: Siropu_UsernameChange_Route_PrefixAdmin_Tables

We're running XenForo 1.4.7. Thanks in advance for anyone who can assist.

Hi! I have a little issue and I don't know how to fix it.
There is some context: I had the first version of this add long time ago, and the username history was able to see for everyone. Recently I installed the 1.2.3 version and also the credit system and shop by AdCredits… since then I decided to put the "Change username" option in the shop to promote activity in the forum… However since then the username history isn't available anymore, and first I thing it wasn't a big issue but now there are some confusion with the users who changed their nicknames :(

This is how I configured the permissions, but I do not why isn't working. Can somebody help me please?
Captura de pantalla 2016-06-09 a las 11.02.49 p.m..webp

Username history is displayed in the user profile in a new tab.

I know, but, for some reason that tab doesn't appear anymore even with the permission option displayed as I shown before.
I had a tab called "inventory" from the "shop" of AdCredits… but besides that, I've lost the tab of username history… :(

Don't know what to tell you. I'm testing it on the latest XF version and it's working fine for me.

@coyotte508 You can download whichever previous version works for you from this page: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/username-change-by-siropu.4144/history. Although I'm not sure if any of the previous versions even work with XF 1.3.

Thanks, I completely glanced over that tab.
Also we had it working for awhile on our site but I was doing some upgrading to older versions of add-ons and this one got updated then proceeded to break. Maybe one of the other site devs manually avoided the error and by updating versions it removed the work around.

If a member changes their username using this addon, can they change it back to their old username later?

Or are all previously used usernames not an option, even if it was their own username?

Top Bottom