Username Change by Siropu

Username Change by Siropu 1.2.5

No permission to download
@Siropu

I have found a weird bug with this add on. I have a dedicated forum turned on for the name changes, and my user ID is specified as the person who makes the post. The problem is after that post is made, I am shown as someone who is sharing Ip with the user that did the name change. So if 'apple' wants to change to 'orange', and I am 'admin' whose userid is being used to post the thread, then admin has the same shared IPs as orange. And vice versa.

Reactions: the
@Siropu

I have found a weird bug with this add on. I have a dedicated forum turned on for the name changes, and my user ID is specified as the person who makes the post. The problem is after that post is made, I am shown as someone who is sharing Ip with the user that did the name change. So if 'apple' wants to change to 'orange', and I am 'admin' whose userid is being used to post the thread, then admin has the same shared IPs as orange. And vice versa.

AHA! I was wondering why this was happening on my website with it suddenly showing me sharing IP's with many users

Hello @Siropu thanks for that great add-on !

I have a problem with the permissions and this add-on.
I'm admin and i want to change my username every 7 days and I want my members be able to change their username every 30 days so here what i do :

Members permissions :
387b80ccb3.png

Admin permissions :
fea43b50f1.png

As a result i can only change my username every 30 days... I'm part of both groups and admin is my secondary.
26eeafda84.png

Whatever i put in "Minimum days between changes", if a member is part of 2 groups it will display the highest number of days in the profile...
For exemple :
Members 7 Admin 30 => 30 days.
Members 80 Admin 130 => 130 days.

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad english.

This is part of the XF's permissions, I don't know what to tell you. As admin you can change your username from Admin Panel. My Add-on has the option to change username from ACP as well.

Why is the option for someone to change their Username not appearing at all on my Forum? Do I have to add something?
And yes, Its installed. I can see the options and such in the ACP. But nothing shows up on the UCP.

Hiya @Siropu thanks for this feature it is great (y)

I'm experiencing a minor issue in the private conversations area where changed usernames aren't updating in the conversation title column - clicking the old username opens a member card with the new username. The last message column on the same screen updates correctly though. The conversation participants list when viewing an individual conversation is also correct.

Edit: The same thing occurs when usernames are edited directly in the Admin CP so it seems to be an XenForo issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom