XF 1.5 User group promotion not working

jauburn

I created a user group promotion rule that promotes all registered members into a group that I created. Here are the parameters I've set up:

promote2.webp

registerd.webp

Seems simple enough, but here's the problem: Not all registered members end up with the newly created user group checked in the Secondary User Groups area. Some do, and some don't.

I ran the User Group Promotions cron job manually after I created the promotion, and when that didn't work on every registered user, I left it overnight. Still, some are added; some are not.

Can you help me explain what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Run the Rebuild User Group Promotions task in the Tools menu.

The promotion will only be applied to recently active members otherwise.

Thanks. That did the trick with some but not all. I did a random look through users, and while most have the new user group assigned, some do not. It's odd.

@Brogan Sorry to bump, I'd just rather not start a new thread for the same topic.

I've tested this out and rebuilding user promotions works just fine. However, it seems to be the only way for users to be promoted. I tested it by setting a promotion at one post higher than what I had (the only criteria I'm using), doing a fresh rebuild, then posting to hit the requirement....it did nothing.

Do user group promotions not get automatically applied? It would be impossible for me to have to run this rebuild all of the time to have the correct groups displayed.

Promotions are applied periodically (approximately hourly) to users that are active. They are not applied (or removed) instantly.

Promotions are applied periodically (approximately hourly) to users that are active. They are not applied (or removed) instantly.

Oh I see, shoot! I thought this was going to be my best option for my ranking system. Is there a way to go in and have it run more frequently?

At best, you could add an additional cron task to run it more often, but it may still not apply at the exact moments you expect (as the detection for who has been active is also periodic).

At best, you could add an additional cron task to run it more often, but it may still not apply at the exact moments you expect (as the detection for who has been active is also periodic).

Okay cool, how would I go about doing that? Is there a way I can also run a cron task for activity?

I doesn't need it to be instantaneous, but ideally it should be within a few minutes rather than an hour. Because new members will be ranking up every 5 posts, and I can see someone ranking up twice in an hour and not ever seeing the initial rank.

Top Bottom