Ultimate Ads

Ultimate Ads 2.0.1

No permission to download
Ahh, I see. No. There is not in this version. I may add something like this later on.
But I don't see how it would be necessary to a majority of forum owners. Can you propose a situation where something like this would be usable to the masses on a regular basis? Or really any argument for it.

I ask not to challenge you, but to see if it's worth my time of looking into at the moment. I would rather keep this add-on limited to the needs and not fill it up with rarely used options. You know?

Ahh, I see. No. There is not in this version. I may add something like this later on.
But I don't see how it would be necessary to a majority of forum owners. Can you propose a situation where something like this would be usable to the masses on a regular basis? Or really any argument for it.

I ask not to challenge you, but to see if it's worth my time of looking into at the moment. I would rather keep this add-on limited to the needs and not fill it up with rarely used options. You know?
I believe adding a time period obviously will worth it. In my forum I'm adding people's banners which they've paid for it for a time period like for a month so I need to manually remove the banner after a month. Yes it wouldn't worth it for google ads but for private banner ads, it definitly worth it

I believe adding a time period obviously will worth it. In my forum I'm adding people's banners which they've paid for it for a time period like for a month so I need to manually remove the banner after a month. Yes it wouldn't worth it for google ads but for private banner ads, it definitly worth it
:barefoot: Hm, interesting. I'll see if I can think of a good way of implementing this.

In the code box, can you just drop the adsence code they give you, and the responsive ad code?
Yes, the responsive adsense code.

So it would look like...
Code:
<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-6691059885236141"
     data-ad-slot="6674711977"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
</script>
So you would just paste that right in the Ad Code text box, save, and you're good to go! :)

I might give this a go then, at the moment I use a custom coded way to add adsense and then drop a link of code into the appropriate template but whenever I want to change it then it's a pain!

I might give this a go then, at the moment I use a custom coded way to add adsense and then drop a link of code into the appropriate template but whenever I want to change it then it's a pain!
That's what inspired me to write this add-on. ;) (y)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And if you do use it. Please leave some feedback! I would love to know what you think![/QUOTE]

Different ads in different locations? It appears it's one ad only, selecting which locations to show it in.

Different ads in different locations?
Where do you see this? I must go and fix it if I posted incorrectly...would be a shame if I did. :cautious:

Edit: I've looked through the overview, I'm not seeing something. Am I missing something in your post? Are you asking a question? If so, can you please be a little more direct with it? Sorry, I'm very tired!

I need to wait for the new adsense code to start working then I'll let you know how it goes.
Well make sure you do hard refreshes (ctrl+f5 if you're on Windows) to clear out any old cached ad code, although it really shouldn't be a problem. :)

I assume that if I do not select Premium, as long as it has a higher priority group than registered users it will only show to registered (my primary group) and not Premium who has registered as their primary providing Premium is unticked?

I assume that if I do not select Premium, as long as it has a higher priority group than registered users it will only show to registered (my primary group) and not Premium who has registered as their primary providing Premium is unticked?
Okay, so let me explain that a little more for you. And I may make this a FAQ to eliminate further questions.
First off, it bases it off the primary group, not secondary. So say you have member, premium, moderator, admin. If you check the checkbox on member and nothing else, anyone without member as their primary user group will not see the ad. An administrator could have member as their primary group, it would still show them the ad because administrator is not primary.

Did that help you understand it a bit more?

As Brogan mentioned, I have my primary as Registered and it means I cannot hide ads from Premium users now if I read this correctly as that is their secondary group so will need to switch back to my old system.

Top Bottom