[FOX] Ultimate Translator

[FOX] Ultimate Translator [Paid] 2.0.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)
Hi there! This is not a bug, that's the google translation behavior when its instantiate and it keeps translating because on that page we have text and editor together. In practical terms, the translation in editor will not happen when you have the page in the language you write. If the real time translation instance is disabled, all the page get back to original language, so that's not the purpose, but i will implement a feature to hide the icon anyway.

Also can be add Translation buttons in postbit for each post? So user can translate post for their non language without all post or global Translation.

Also can be add Translation buttons in postbit for each post? So user can translate post for their non language without all post or global Translation.
No, that will not be implemented, not the purpose. This add-on works as the same way Google Translator tool does (website option).

Last edited:
Hi,

Am I right that Google Translate (not API) is limited to 5,000 characters?

And is it possible to use the licensable Google Translate API instead?

Last edited:
Hi,

Am I right that Google Translate (not API) is limited to 5,000 characters?

And is it possible to use the licensable Google Translate API instead?
Hi. Google Translate Element is a free service and as far as I know there is no limit, but I cannot guarantee if they change this in the future.

No, it's not possible to use licensable Google API.

Would this help with say, someone typing a message in Spanish, and translating it to English for us? Site is English as its primary language.

Would this help with say, someone typing a message in Spanish, and translating it to English for us? Site is English as its primary language.
Yes definitely. On the user side, the site will be shown in his language and he can writes in his own language as well (this is the way will be recorded in database). On your side you will read all in English.

Please carefully read the description of the add-on to check the pros and cons. Also use our forum to test the add-on before purchasing (https://foxsecrets.com)

Yes definitely. On the user side, the site will be shown in his language and he can writes in his own language as well (this is the way will be recorded in database). On your side you will read all in English.

Please carefully read the description of the add-on to check the pros and cons. Also use our forum to test the add-on before purchasing (https://foxsecrets.com)
Probably will be a lil while before I can actually afford it. I've bookmarked it for now.

When trying to purchase, I can’t and receive the below error:

LogicException: Tried to call XF\Extension::resolveExtendedClassToRoot on FOX\LicenseManager\Admin\Controller\License, but extendClass was never called on the base class in src/XF/Extension.php at line 302
  1. XF\Extension->resolveExtendedClassToRoot() in src/XF/Mvc/Controller.php at line 31
  2. XF\Mvc\Controller->__construct() in src/addons/FOX/LicenseManager/Listener.php at line 17
  3. FOX\LicenseManager\Listener::FOX\LicenseManager\{closure}() in src/XF/Container.php at line 31
  4. XF\Container->offsetGet() in src/XF/App.php at line 2524
  5. XF\App->offsetGet() in src/addons/FOX/XFRMMarketplacePlus/Purchasable/MarketplacePurchase.php at line 191
  6. FOX\XFRMMarketplacePlus\Purchasable\MarketplacePurchase->getPurchaseFromRequest() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Purchase.php at line 21
  7. XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase->actionIndex() in src/addons/FOX/XFRMMarketplacePlus/XF/Pub/Controller/Purchase.php at line 41
  8. FOX\XFRMMarketplacePlus\XF\Pub\Controller\Purchase->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  13. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  14. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

LogicException: Tried to call XF\Extension::resolveExtendedClassToRoot on FOX\LicenseManager\Admin\Controller\License, but extendClass was never called on the base class in src/XF/Extension.php at line 302
Hi, thanks for reporting the error, I'll check.

Hi. I has been fixed now, please try again.

We have recently experienced an influx of users on our forum for whom English is not their primary language, and this addon serves as a valuable middle ground for maintaining a forum that is open to individuals from all backgrounds and ethnicities.

Regarding the styling, why did you include Bootstrap when the flag icons are enabled? It interferes with the forum's appearance and appears to cause overlapping issues with icons and elements in certain areas.

For example, the checkboxes get transformed into iconic icons, causing them to disrupt any customizations. The RSS button displays two different icons at the bottom of the page. Clicking on the country change drop-down produces a strange hover effect where it looks like there's a button within a button, primarily due to the added focus on the button. This issue occurs on the default style, but I have purchased custom styles in the past that change the navigation and header link/button colors, and those seems to get overwritten by this addon. Is there a way to disable the link/button text color overwrite? Additionally, it makes the text bold in places where it shouldn't, such as the forum widgets. It would overall look better if you used something more native to XF to style the drop-down or simply created custom CSS for it instead of relying on Bootstrap. Just my two scents, otherwise, this addon serves its purpose, and I purchased it a few hours ago, and had some overall feedback to provide if you find any of it useful 😊

We have recently experienced an influx of users on our forum for whom English is not their primary language, and this addon serves as a valuable middle ground for maintaining a forum that is open to individuals from all backgrounds and ethnicities.

Regarding the styling, why did you include Bootstrap when the flag icons are enabled? It interferes with the forum's appearance and appears to cause overlapping issues with icons and elements in certain areas.

For example, the checkboxes get transformed into iconic icons, causing them to disrupt any customizations. The RSS button displays two different icons at the bottom of the page. Clicking on the country change drop-down produces a strange hover effect where it looks like there's a button within a button, primarily due to the added focus on the button. This issue occurs on the default style, but I have purchased custom styles in the past that change the navigation and header link/button colors, and those seems to get overwritten by this addon. Is there a way to disable the link/button text color overwrite? Additionally, it makes the text bold in places where it shouldn't, such as the forum widgets. It would overall look better if you used something more native to XF to style the drop-down or simply created custom CSS for it instead of relying on Bootstrap. Just my two scents, otherwise, this addon serves its purpose, and I purchased it a few hours ago, and had some overall feedback to provide if you find any of it useful 😊
Hi. For support please send a message with your site address through our forum (https://foxsecrets.com), so that I can answer you properly.

Last edited:
Just to clarify your doubts, you are not obligated to use bootstrap,you can disable it selecting "only text" option. Also, the bootstrap behavior is described on resource notes, so that shouldn't be a surprise. If any other issue on your website contact us through foxsecrets that I'll check.

Just to clarify your doubts, you are not obligated to use bootstrap,you can disable it selecting "only text" option. Also, the bootstrap behavior is described on resource notes, so that shouldn't be a surprise. If any other issue on your website contact us through foxsecrets that I'll check.
I still would like to keep the flags though and omit the rest of the CSS changes that override my styles. Again, I love this addon and its utility given what I explained in my previous post. What was the reasoning behind using Bootstrap over a more native XF solution? The flag icons I understand, since the standard emoji set that XF uses in either of the emoji libraries available looks to be quite limited, but all I can really think of why you chose to use Bootstrap was for the added mobile/responsiveness of the select menu. Even so, doesn't XF already provide a way for us to apply style additions/changes to support different screen sizes even with using CSS/LESS?

I still would like to keep the flags though and omit the rest of the CSS changes that override my styles. Again, I love this addon and its utility given what I explained in my previous post. What was the reasoning behind using Bootstrap over a more native XF solution? The flag icons I understand, since the standard emoji set that XF uses in either of the emoji libraries available looks to be quite limited, but all I can really think of why you chose to use Bootstrap was for the added mobile/responsiveness of the select menu. Even so, doesn't XF already provide a way for us to apply style additions/changes to support different screen sizes even with using CSS/LESS?
It's not related to select menu. I used bootstrap to have the flags in all kind of browsers, in a native solution does not work accordingly in some browsers. I will look for another approach without bootstrap in the near future, but can't guarantee.

It's not related to select menu. I used bootstrap to have the flags in all kind of browsers, in a native solution does not work accordingly in some browsers. I will look for another approach without bootstrap in the near future, but can't guarantee.
No worries, all I really need it to do right now is not override the text styling or color on my forum lol I'll speak to you over at your forum so we can troubleshoot further :)

Top Bottom