Ultimate Ads

Ultimate Ads 2.0.1

No permission to download
Hm, I'll update it. I did the user group thing fairly quick so it may need to be rethinked.
As I stated in the original post, this is technically my first add-on, so it's a learning experience. :LOL::cautious:

You should alter the system so that you can tick which groups to HIDE it from, that would be an easier solution.

I think Brogan has a guide about how to configure permissions and it's easier as we have done to make Registered the main permission group and then the others have inherit set and permissions which are extra adjusted so that way on who to hide ads from would be the best solution.

Great otherwise though!

Where do you see this? I must go and fix it if I posted incorrectly...would be a shame if I did. :cautious:
Edit: I've looked through the overview, I'm not seeing something. Am I missing something in your post? Are you asking a question? If so, can you please be a little more direct with it? Sorry, I'm very tired!
"One ad code option, one script, works for each location"

One code, works for each location. And the screenshot(s) appear to show only one ad code available.

So, I can have multiple ad codes in separate locations?

"One ad code option, one script, works for each location"

One code, works for each location. And the screenshot(s) appear to show only one ad code available.

So, I can have multiple ad codes in separate locations?
No, but this is an option I thought about last night when someone was asking about the banner.

How many separate ad codes are you looking to use?

I'll try this update later, thanks for fixing it.

A possible future edition. You could have a section for adsense code then an additional system that can rotate ads on specific locations which can be set, something like what the other guy had requested. If you then further move forward, you could turn it into a paid product for an ad system that allows buying slots and things like that with a timer to expire them.

I'll try this update later, thanks for fixing it.

A possible future edition. You could have a section for adsense code then an additional system that can rotate ads on specific locations which can be set, something like what the other guy had requested. If you then further move forward, you could turn it into a paid product for an ad system that allows buying slots and things like that with a timer to expire them.
Hmm. Interesting.
Something to think about. Thanks for the ideas :)

Hi Matthew thanks for this addon :)

Are rotating ads available? Same location but different ads At different times

Thanks

Hi Matthew thanks for this addon :)

Are rotating ads available? Same location but different ads At different times

Thanks
This has been suggested already and I'll be implementing it when I get the chance and learn about it more. As I said before. This is my first add on and I'm learning XenForo's system as I go!

So @Mouth you're saying I should add a section where there is 15 separate ad codes? Just making sure I'm understanding you right.

Here's the starting point for the next update.

bb7c4c664326defa782b3d197a89ca7b.png

On the 2nd ad right now will be each separate location with it's own ad code.

@Mouth is this what you were thinking of? I'll update with each location once I get around to it.

Update: Just hopped back on.
Was having trouble configuring On/Off w/ Textbox (@Brogan if you have any information regarding this option, or a manual with a how to for each option...that would be appreciated. Just PM me or something please).

However, just because I didn't get that working, that doesn't mean I'm down and out!

8e9c0c3f08dafe086069b1f74656d0a5.png

Here's the current layout. What do you all think?

MatthewH updated Ultimate Ads with a new update entry:

2.0.0 - Wowzers!

Okay, so bigger update than the previous ones. Are you ready? I hope so!

Thanks for all the feedback from everyone! I've implemented some of the ideas into the new update.
Now on a separate tab you can enable a custom ad for a specific location.
Also, I've added the option to remove branding. More information can be found in the main thread.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Mouth I hope this new update suits your needs!

Last edited:
What does this actually mean?
"Put the code you would like to user for your ads here.
If left blank, a default will be put in place."
What is the default?

What does this actually mean?
"Put the code you would like to user for your ads here.
If left blank, a default will be put in place."
What is the default?
The default is just a default adsense code which can easily be changed in the templates (matthewh_ultimateads_mainad).

However, thank you for showing me my grammar mistake.

Top Bottom