UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
[...] wasn't a great user experience so we restricted the default size sticky is enabled.
Okay, that was the "problem". I like that feature but I am wondering if it was not documented somewhere? It would be better if you make a small documentation for these kind of changes.

Anyways, good work with the new update! Thanks, guys! :D

Edit:
What is "Hover Triggers Thread Sliding" for?

Last edited:
Sorry Mike, don't under stand this part. The post bit is fully expanded in the PC section, but not in threads.
I just meant it isnt problematic, it just doesnt show up correct?

In other words, we dont need to have a patch or anything, its more just a feature we need to build in. Its on our list already, its all built, just need to include it in the PC template.

I just meant it isnt problematic, it just doesnt show up correct?

In other words, we dont need to have a patch or anything, its more just a feature we need to build in. Its on our list already, its all built, just need to include it in the PC template.
Ah, now I understand. No, it's not causing an issue, it's just not consistent (in my opinion), as the PC section generally looks the same as a thread.

Ah, now I understand. No, it's not causing an issue, it's just not consistent (in my opinion), as the PC section generally looks the same as a thread.
Agreed entirely, Ill make sure we get it out in the next release should literally be including a template or two. Might be able to post that information here as well.

Thanks for your help @MattW

I updated addon (yesterday) but today i saw mail that new version of theme came up, so can someone tell me how to update it because i have installed original theme which is disabled and child which im using it.

I read all instructions and i dont know steps 6 and 7.

Upgrading instructions:
  1. First, and foremost, make a backup of your theme. A backup of your site as a whole is never a bad idea either especially if you are going to production board
  2. Second, disable the UI.X Add-on. This will cause some PHP errors if you are missing tables, so its best to just disable it. If you do accidentally forget, you must add $config['enableListeners'] = 0; to your library/config.php file, then start back at step 2.
  3. Download the latest version of the add-on, located in your downloads area as a green button
  4. Upload the contents of the /upload/ folder within that extracted zip folder to your root XenForo directory
  5. After that has finished, go into your XenForo ACP and click on the UI.X add-on. You will get a modal that says upgrade add-on. Browse for the .xml of the add-on that was in the .zip file and continue
  6. After that has finished, you can choose if you want to update the theme via the add-on or manually. We recommend doing it automatically so that is how we will continue in step 7.
  7. If you go to Appearance, on the sidebar you'll see UI.X > Styles. Click Update next to the style you want to update, or you can install fresh here as well.

I dont have Update button. Do i need to upload 1.4.8 files and then i will get Update button?

I updated addon (yesterday) but today i saw mail that new version of theme came up, so can someone tell me how to update it because i have installed original theme which is disabled and child which im using it.

I read all instructions and i dont know steps 6 and 7.

Upgrading instructions:
  1. First, and foremost, make a backup of your theme. A backup of your site as a whole is never a bad idea either especially if you are going to production board
  2. Second, disable the UI.X Add-on. This will cause some PHP errors if you are missing tables, so its best to just disable it. If you do accidentally forget, you must add $config['enableListeners'] = 0; to your library/config.php file, then start back at step 2.
  3. Download the latest version of the add-on, located in your downloads area as a green button
  4. Upload the contents of the /upload/ folder within that extracted zip folder to your root XenForo directory
  5. After that has finished, go into your XenForo ACP and click on the UI.X add-on. You will get a modal that says upgrade add-on. Browse for the .xml of the add-on that was in the .zip file and continue
  6. After that has finished, you can choose if you want to update the theme via the add-on or manually. We recommend doing it automatically so that is how we will continue in step 7.
  7. If you go to Appearance, on the sidebar you'll see UI.X > Styles. Click Update next to the style you want to update, or you can install fresh here as well.

I dont have Update button. Do i need to upload 1.4.8 files and then i will get Update button?
Did you associate your UIX theme with the add-on? As in, when you go the appearance tab, do you see an orange prefix before UI.X that says AD?

Are those the new features? Sliding extra hides postbit information such as this one for me: Gamer Profiles
These are new to 1.4.8.0, yep. That's by design if you have "Enable Sliding Extra Info" enabled. The idea is that you might enable these if you want a bit more compact thread view. You can set options for not collapsing specific user groups under [UI.X] Post Options.

Could you tell me how to edit the logo? UIX is tricky to adjust I'm new with the theme. I've added my code to the extra.css but it's not working. Thank you.

These are new to 1.4.8.0, yep. That's by design if you have "Enable Sliding Extra Info" enabled. The idea is that you might enable these if you want a bit more compact thread view. You can set options for not collapsing specific user groups under [UI.X] Post Options.

Oh I gotcha. Well bummer. I hope that they add an ability to just hide the postbit, then expand, instead of stripping it, hide it, then expand.

Could you tell me how to edit the logo? UIX is tricky to adjust I'm new with the theme. I've added my code to the extra.css but it's not working. Thank you.
Are you trying to change the image being displayed to a different image or would you like to do something else? The image is set using the style property Header and Navigation > Header Logo Image Path. UI.X adds some additional options under UI.X Logo.

Can someone answer me how to upgrade theme? thx UI.X [Paid]
Can you post a screenshot of {Your URL}/admin.php?styles/ so I can better understand how you have your themes setup?

Oh I gotcha. Well bummer. I hope that they add an ability to just hide the postbit, then expand, instead of stripping it, hide it, then expand.
I wrote the majority of the collapsible postbit (I work for Audentio). Can you describe what you have in mind in more detail? I'm not sure I understand what you're describing. Thanks!

Thanks :). You don't currently have one click upgrades setup. To enable that, this should help.
  1. After you have updated the addon, you will need to generate an API key from audentio.com https://www.audentio.com/customer/apikey
  2. Back in your XenForo ACP, go to Options > [UI.X] General, and paste the API key in under Audentio API Key
  3. Under Options for [UI.X General] turn on Check for Unassociated Styles
  4. Click "Sync with UI.X Addon" next to the UI.X based theme.
  5. This should result in an orange AD tag on that url you attached a picture of
  6. Click Styles under the "UI.X" Tab of your Appearance tab in the Admin Control Panel and hit "Upgrade".
Alternatively, you can still install the theme manually
  1. The theme files will be available to download in the orders page changelog table
  2. Make a backup of your theme.
  3. To install the theme this way, you must also upload the contents of /upload/ to your root XenForo directory.
  4. When that is done go to Appearance > Styles > Import a style > Browse for the .xml file you downloaded (the style not the addon) and import over UI.X. Never edit UI.X or any official product directly as upgrading becomes nearly impossible.

Last edited:
A few basic questions I am hoping I can fix without too much template modding:

How can I easily remove the space above the nav when moving the nav above the header? Space th

Attachments

• uixtopbanner.webp
    uixtopbanner.webp
    30.3 KB · Views: 49
  • uix top banner odd.webp
    uix top banner odd.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Top Bottom