UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
There shouldn't be any changes made to the sidebar itself. Unfortunately, not all third party widgets are currently supported, as not all third party widgets are coded the same. We are working to add more and more support for this.

If the widgets that you are using are not working, then you can turn it off in Style Properties > UI.X Sidebar > "Gridded Mobile Sidebar."

I somehow could narrow it down while testing it with different browsers. The issue happens on different browsers. On Safari 10 for OSX in simulation of responsive layouts. In Firefox in the simulation mode but not in Chrome (while narrowing the browser window) and it did also NOT happen while testing it on iPhone and iPad directly.... Safari and Firefox for MacOS have the troubles though...

I'm getting exactly the same. Latest version of Chrome on Mac OS Sierra. No issues when trying with Firefox or Safari.

Yeah, I thought so. I started getting it when I upgraded to Chrome on macOS Sierra the other day. Have been looking into a fix, at least now I know it is happening for other people as well on Chrome for Sierra, just to confirm @Mouth, are you using Chrome on Sierra as well?

I somehow could narrow it down while testing it with different browsers. The issue happens on different browsers. On Safari 10 for OSX in simulation of responsive layouts. In Firefox in the simulation mode but not in Chrome (while narrowing the browser window) and it did also NOT happen while testing it on iPhone and iPad directly.... Safari and Firefox for MacOS have the troubles though...

I am having trouble replicating the issue on those browsers in MacOS. Could you try replicating the issue on our demo at www.audentio.com/demo/xf

@ianhitt I found the issue.... The Title tags in the "New Posts" and other third-party add-ons had "white-space: nowrap;" but also "overflow: hidden;". WHILE Safari 9.x did ignore that in the past it now makes this a problem in Safari 10. But I wonder why this only appeared with the last UI.X update... I havent changed anything in my sub style and let me repeat it here: the issue is in the parent UI.X style too, so I recognized it as an UI.X issue and not a sub-style issue. But removing the "nowrap" solved the issue.

EDIT: It somehow needs a fix for the "flexbox" function though... because if someone really needs to use the nowrap css style the flexbox will extend. Maybe the CSS for responsive mode needs to be adjusted...

EDIT #2: Look at "flex-basis: 280px;"... that seems to be a problem under specific circumstances. The widget extends over more than the flex-basis if the sub elements of the widget have a "white-space: nowrap;" included... Please look into this.

Last edited:
Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/www/******/library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/UIXStyle.php on line 246 ???

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/www/******/library/Audentio/UIX/ControllerAdmin/UIXStyle.php on line 246 ???

Unfortunately, this means that you do not have ZipArchive installed on your server. You will either need to contact your hosting provider and have them do so, or install the theme manually. You can visit https://www.audentio.com/documentation/uix.html to learn how to do so.

Is there any way to recover the settings that I did in Style Properties? I thought they get carried over when you export the whole style.

Is there any way to recover the settings that I did in Style Properties? I thought they get carried over when you export the whole style.

It sounds like you may have made changes to the parent style, exporting the style will export any changes you've made, but only changes you've made to the style you've exported. Unless you have a backup there is no way to revert these to a previous state.

I'm using version 1.5.7.0 and for some reason the members online now sidebar box isn't showing?

Are you using Widget Framework? If so, check in Appearance -> Widgets and make sure it's setup to display

It sounds like you may have made changes to the parent style, exporting the style will export any changes you've made, but only changes you've made to the style you've exported. Unless you have a backup there is no way to revert these to a previous state.

Are you using Widget Framework? If so, check in Appearance -> Widgets and make sure it's setup to display

I'm not using any addon's, it's a fresh install of xenforo 1.3.0 and UI.X 1.5.7.0

I'm not using any addon's, it's a fresh install of xenforo 1.3.0 and UI.X 1.5.7.0

That's likely why, you'll need to use a version of UI.X that was built for 1.3.X, you can find these older versions under the "Changelogs" section of your license page. Though, if it's a new install I'd definitely suggest using the latest version of XenForo

On mobile, android 6.0.1, on both the android stock browser and chrome, when you go to edit any post, the edit box is covering half of the text area when you cant edit that part. Same thing on slightly older IOS releases too. I can actually see this on a desktop, as the menu isn't going away when the edit window appears, so for a mobile it would be worse for screen real estate. This is making my site unusable in editing for 55% of my users.

Screenshot_2016-10-03-12-07-52.webp

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 8.50.43 am.webp

You have to turn the phone to get the tools menu to disappear... latest version XF and U.i.X

This happens in default U.i.X too... I ended up having to set the post tools to 0 so the tools menu is never activated as a temp workaround.

Last edited:
@ianhitt I found the issue.... The Title tags in the "New Posts" and other third-party add-ons had "white-space: nowrap;" but also "overflow: hidden;". WHILE Safari 9.x did ignore that in the past it now makes this a problem in Safari 10. But I wonder why this only appeared with the last UI.X update... I havent changed anything in my sub style and let me repeat it here: the issue is in the parent UI.X style too, so I recognized it as an UI.X issue and not a sub-style issue. But removing the "nowrap" solved the issue.

EDIT: It somehow needs a fix for the "flexbox" function though... because if someone really needs to use the nowrap css style the flexbox will extend. Maybe the CSS for responsive mode needs to be adjusted...

EDIT #2: Look at "flex-basis: 280px;"... that seems to be a problem under specific circumstances. The widget extends over more than the flex-basis if the sub elements of the widget have a "white-space: nowrap;" included... Please look into this.

After upgrading to iOS and Safari Version 10, the layout bug of the sidebar now appears on the iPhone an iPad too. Please check.

On mobile, android 6.0.1, on both the android stock browser and chrome, when you go to edit any post, the edit box is covering half of the text area when you cant edit that part. Same thing on slightly older IOS releases too. I can actually see this on a desktop, as the menu isn't going away when the edit window appears, so for a mobile it would be worse for screen real estate. This is making my site unusable in editing for 55% of my users.

View attachment 141681

Same issue here on Desktop, actual version of Chrome... including a horizontal scrollbar:

Attachments

• scrollbar2.webp
    scrollbar2.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

View attachment 141681

View attachment 141682

My site is experiencing the same issue with the edit overlay and mobile users.

Top Bottom