UI.X

UI.X 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
Do you have check for unassociated styles and the name of your themes are the same as the product?

Starting again? Remember, you should never have made any edits directly to UI.X its on every other post I make, every piece of documentation. So in that regard it doesnt matter if you sync or install fresh you should not have to start over.

Hi Mike,

It was the names that got me, I'd changed them to make the parent/child relationship clearer as moderators see all themes on the selection regardless of whether "user selection" is enabled or not. Thanks for the tip, it might be worth adding that to the FAQ/Upgrade instructions.

re starting again, I simply meant that I chose to install the updated themes as separate themes to retain my current ones just in case something went wrong. After correcting the names and syncing/upgrading, everything now works as expected.

Well done on a very neat procedure!

The API key should not hinder you in any way, we don't do license checks. The add-on was not intended, as was never built, to do what *******'s themes did. We trust our customers plenty, its ONLY supposed to be a tool to help you install the theme and get updates. Thats it. My apologies if its not allowing you to install UI.X again on a different site, that would definitely be a bug.

It's definitely not letting me install on another site. I even tried on a third site and get the same error.

Hey @Mike Creuzer ,

Made a nice little update to my site and while I was working I thought of doing something I see a lot on sites. A preloader so that on long pages it's not showing any funkiness to people. You can see an example here:

http://www.otakutalk.com/forums/

Let me know if you think that's worth adding :)
Nicely done! Looks fantastic!

I was just thinking about this the other day, my only concern was whether or not people find it 'annoying'. If you ping your members in a week or so and find out what they think, and if its positive, sure I can add official support :)
It's definitely not letting me install on another site. I even tried on a third site and get the same error.

Definitely a bug then, we will take a look and get back to you ASAP, very sorry for the trouble.

Do you have the option to check for unassociated styles on? Under UI.X General options. Note that the name of the theme must be 'UI.X' or 'UI.X Dark' or whatever product it is. This is something you only do once as once its synced its fine and isntalling new does this anyways. This only applies to people using themes before we released the add-on, so the add-on knows what product it is.

I do - and I had renamed both UI.X and UI.X Dark. I renamed both of them back to the default, and then it only recognized UI.X.

Menus not being sticky? That sounds like javascript issue, feel free to create a ticket at our site. As for collapsing the sidebar, do you have the permission set on the usergroups you want to have this ability? If so, then also a javascript issue, I'd wager its just missing so maybe the install didn't work properly. You can always install traditionally not using the add-on as well :)

This happened after updating xF, but before trying to update UI.X.

EDIT:: IGNORE THE FOLLOWING, I FIXED IT (leaving the original text, just in case it will help someone else! :) ). I fixed it by adding this to the my.cnf file:
Code:
[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet = 64M

Original text:
So, when I made the styles/ and js/ directories CHMOD 0777, I get the following error when trying to update UI.X:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/XENFORUM/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
  5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 31
  6. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationEntries() in XenForo/Model/AdminNavigation.php at line 405
  7. XenForo_Model_AdminNavigation->getAdminNavigationForDisplay() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 224
  8. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->_getNavigationContainerParams() in XenForo/Dependencies/Admin.php at line 202
  9. XenForo_Dependencies_Admin->getEffectiveContainerParams() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XENFORUM/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
Just wanted to say a big thanks to @Mike Creuzer for all his help this past week, managed to get the upgrade done after a few spectacular failures and our forums are now looking absolutely fantastic! I can't wait to see what the future will hold for the UI.X Framework now it has become an addon :cool:

We are going to come up with a guide for this. But essentially you just need to add another layer in between your themes and the framework.

- UI.X (official theme product (disabled))
----- YOUR BASE (x)
-----------LIGHT

-----------UI.X Dark (official child theme product(disabled))
------------------DARK

Where the ones in green are ones you've created. And the base (x) is where you make all your changes to. All template changes etc.

Ok - another question :) ... I modeled my templates as you suggested above. Which of these would I be upgrading, if I had to do it manually / via the add-on? :)

Nicely done! Looks fantastic!

I was just thinking about this the other day, my only concern was whether or not people find it 'annoying'. If you ping your members in a week or so and find out what they think, and if its positive, sure I can add official support :)
Absolutely, once I'm done with all three of my alternate styles I will ping my members for feedback. One person has noticed already and said they really liked it.

Hey Mike, do you know if it's possible to put conditionals in templates based off the style ID? Like if the Style ID is X it shows Y, else show Z?

You can try $visitor.style_id
Hey Jake,

This is what I tried, maybe I'm being stupid:
Code:
.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList .info a{color:{xen:if "{$visitor.style_id} == 30", "@primaryLightish", "@primaryDark"};}
Should work, no?

Hey Jake,

This is what I tried, maybe I'm being stupid:
Code:
.WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_Threads_FullThreadList .info a{color:{xen:if "{$visitor.style_id} == 30", "@primaryLightish", "@primaryDark"};}
Should work, no?

Yeah I think so. Haven't tried to do something like that. Might be easier to just make that change to the style ID 30 without the conditional. Unless of course something is inheriting from it

Yeah I think so. Haven't tried to do something like that. Might be easier to just make that change to the style ID 30 without the conditional. Unless of course something is inheriting from it
Just going to do this a different way. Is it safe to write my css on uix_dark.css? Want to make sure it won't get overwritten on update :)

Never quoted myself before. Anyway I uninstalled the addon and tried to install it again. Still didn't work. I then disabled addon install/upgrade by Jon. I then uninstalled again and when I reinstalled it and it worked. Must not be compatible with Jon's addon.

Never quoted myself before. Anyway I uninstalled the addon and tried to install it again. Still didn't work. I then disabled addon install/upgrade by Jon. I then uninstalled again and when I reinstalled it and it worked. Must not be compatible with Jon's addon.
Lol!

Anyways, thanks so much for figuring this out its something we will definately look into.

Reactions: AWS
Top Bottom