UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Okay...

I've now updated UI.X to 2.1.1.0 via uploading the "upload" folder from the zip file. I've also added the new style-uix.xml again as the parent theme and uploaded the backup from my child theme once more to guarantee there are no changes and I still have the same issue. Any ideas?
I might be missing something here, but if you exported your edited child style and imported it back, that might be why you're still running into the same issue? Might be easiest to just delete everything and install fresh versions of both the parent and child, and then you can import your backup as an independent style and use it as a template (refer back to it where necessary) to make some quick changes to your newly imported and unedited child style.

I might be missing something here, but if you exported your edited child style and imported it back, that might be why you're still running into the same issue? Might be easiest to just delete everything and install fresh versions of both the parent and child, and then you can import your backup as an independent style and use it as a template (refer back to it where necessary) to make some quick changes to your newly imported and unedited child style.

Is this the suggested way? It's quite painful when there are a lot of changes and so far I had no issues like that when importing the child theme. Also I checked all color options and they seem fine.

I have just upgraded UI.X V 2.1.1.0.0 on Tuesday. Everything was fine. Merge the outdated templates. A new version warning disappeared.

Today when I get into AP panel, it says "An update has been released for 1 of your ThemeHouse styles, Click here to update."

Screenshot_1.webp

When I Click and go to Style page, I see "Upgrade" button, not force to install again.

Screenshot_3.webp

Upgrade button shows the version that I am already using.

Screenshot_2.webp

In order to be sure, I check UI.X version in use.

Screenshot_4.webp

Run the cron job. But the warning is still existed. Any suggestion ?

The header background color in UI.X by default has always been the primary brand color. If this changed for you after the update, it means you made the change to UI.X directly. Make sure to make all changes to a child theme to avoid having your customizations overwritten :)

Ok, I've tried everything I can think of now. I'm running the new XF 2.1.1, did the UI.X update, I'm using my own child theme with the new parent theme, all colors are matching what I had before - and I still have a different color in my header, everything else looks the way it was before.

Since you say it always was the primary brand color - is there any other way to manipulate this as in my live website https://www.gaming-universe, it's using a different color than the primary brand color set?

I've tinkered with the color options on my live server still using the former version of UI.X and I was able to change the header background via the accent 1 setting under "Group: Color palette":

Not sure if it was an unintentional bug, but this is no longer possible now.

Last edited:
After doing the update to UI.X V2.1.1.0 e-mails are being sent with huge font size. Where can I change it? Thanks!

After doing the update to UI.X V2.1.1.0 e-mails are being sent with huge font size. Where can I change it? Thanks!

Check to make sure you do not have any outdated templates. This was an issue in 2.1.0.2 but fixed in this release. If you don't have any outdated templates, PM me and I'll help you resolve the issue :)

Ok, I've tried everything I can think of now. I'm running the new XF 2.1.1, did the UI.X update, I'm using my own child theme with the new parent theme, all colors are matching what I had before - and I still have a different color in my header, everything else looks the way it was before.

Since you say it always was the primary brand color - is there any other way to manipulate this as in my live website https://www.gaming-universe, it's using a different color than the primary brand color set?

I've tinkered with the color options on my live server still using the former version of UI.X and I was able to change the header background via the accent 1 setting under "Group: Color palette":

Not sure if it was an unintentional bug, but this is no longer possible now.

You should change the styling of the header using the header CSS options, not by changing your global color palette. You can do so in Style Properties > Header and Navigation.

I have just upgraded UI.X V 2.1.1.0.0 on Tuesday. Everything was fine. Merge the outdated templates. A new version warning disappeared.

Today when I get into AP panel, it says "An update has been released for 1 of your ThemeHouse styles, Click here to update."

View attachment 197921

When I Click and go to Style page, I see "Upgrade" button, not force to install again.

View attachment 197922

Upgrade button shows the version that I am already using.

View attachment 197923

In order to be sure, I check UI.X version in use.

View attachment 197924

Run the cron job. But the warning is still existed. Any suggestion ?
@Ian Hitt any suggestion ?

Check to make sure you do not have any outdated templates. This was an issue in 2.1.0.2 but fixed in this release. If you don't have any outdated templates, PM me and I'll help you resolve the issue :)
After that I stayed with only one that I merged immediately. Will send PM. ;)

I've just updated to XF 21.1 & UIX 2.1.1.0 and the forum icons are no longer displaying.

If I change them to FA5 then they show ok, but any MDI ones don't

I've just updated to XF 21.1 & UIX 2.1.1.0 and the forum icons are no longer displaying.

If I change them to FA5 then they show ok, but any MDI ones don't

Do you have this problem in a custom child theme, or in UI.X? What is your site?

Since the latest UI.X upgrades, I've been having problems with these widgets:

thuix_footer_aboutUsWidget
thuix_footer_quickNavWidget
thuix_footer_userNavWidget

Those widgets do not display in the footer and the error log is full of stuff like this:
  • ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value
  • src/XF/Widget/Html.php:47
Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Widget/Html.php(47): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Cre...', '/home/...', 47, Array)
#1 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php(121): XF\Widget\Html->verifyOptions(Object(XF\Http\Request), Array, NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(168): XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->XF\Admin\Controller\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#3 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Widget.php(157): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Widget->actionSave(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Widget', 'Save', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Widget), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Widget), NULL)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#9 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#10 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#11 {main}

The other TH footer widgets work fine.

I would have just tried to delete and reinstall them, but I don't see an option to add those widgets and I really don't want to have to reinstall my styles again - done it already like 4 times since last night, for various reasons. Guess I can just do without them for the time being. I'll live. :)

Since the latest UI.X upgrades, I've been having problems with these widgets:

thuix_footer_aboutUsWidget
thuix_footer_quickNavWidget
thuix_footer_userNavWidget

The other TH footer widgets work fine.

I would have just tried to delete and reinstall them, but I don't see an option to add those widgets and I really don't want to have to reinstall my styles again - done it already like 4 times since last night, for various reasons. Guess I can just do without them for the time being. I'll live. :)

@Jon W I believe you can comment on this?

Top Bottom