UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
EDIT: Seems to show on the mobile side bar, but doesn't show on the main navigation bar, bug?

Doesn't seem to load, eek.

View attachment 176880

Gavel, Trophy, Cart-Outline.

I disabled the local and used external.

I've got the same issue, the CDN for materialdesignicons has an out of date certificate - so if your forum uses SSL it won't load.

If you visit the url directly you can see the problem for yourself:

https://cdn.materialdesignicons.com/2.4.85/css/materialdesignicons.min.css

I'll imagine this will be fixed fairly soon-ish by the developers of the icon set - in the meantime you could use locally loaded icons but you'll need to update them manually in styles/uix_dark/fonts/icons/material-icons/ from the download available on https://materialdesignicons.com main page. Just extract its contents into that folder then change your style properties to load locally.

Just in case, check the developer console for any further errors or missing files when you refresh. I found for some reason it also needed a copy in styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/.

Last edited:
I've got the same issue, the CDN for materialdesignicons has an out of date certificate - so if your forum uses SSL it won't load.

I'll imagine this will be fixed fairly soon-ish by the developers of the icon set - in the meantime you could use locally loaded icons but you'll need to update them manually in styles/uix_dark/fonts/icons/material-icons/ from the download available on https://materialdesignicons.com main page. Just extract its contents into that folder then change your style properties to load locally.

Just in case, check the developer console for any further errors or missing files when you refresh. I found for some reason it also needed a copy in styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/.

The recent version of UI.X has the latest version of the material icon font already. Just change the style property to use locally and all should be well.

Mine worked after removing the css rule I had, however yes icons have yet again broke :/ I was confused as I hadn't done anything.

I reckon yeah they will fix this soon ;-;

set the icon to load locally does not solve the issue here.
when looking at source page, the css call remains distant :
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdn.materialdesignicons.com/2.3.54/css/materialdesignicons.min.css">
copied content of MaterialDesign-Webfont-master in
styles/uix_dark/fonts/icons/material-icons/ and styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/
i suppose we have to wait now.

NB : when using default style, no issue.

Last edited:
styles/uix_dark/fonts/icons/material-icons/ and styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/
Same, I tried to have them load locally.

The recent version of UI.X has the latest version of the material icon font already. Just change the style property to use locally and all should be well.

I tried that but mine came up with a whole bunch of 404 errors in Chromes Ctrl+Shift+I console. After I patched all of those up my site is now operational. I did kind of break the local icons when experimenting with loading the latest community version a while ago before in an attempt to get custom navigation to work - regardless all is good.

when looking at source page, the css call remains distant :
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//cdn.materialdesignicons.com/2.3.54/css/materialdesignicons.min.css">
i suppose we have to wait now.
Same, I tried to have them load locally.

Have you ensured you have selected load icons on the child template? I found I set them on the parent without realising and the child templates weren't inheriting correctly. I also had to revert my helper_js_global template on the child to bring it in line with the parent before re-editing. There should be no reference to that stylesheet if load icons locally is working correctly. Once you've got it enabled check a developer console in the browser of your choice to track down any further errors preventing them from loading.

I tried that but mine came up with a whole bunch of 404 errors in Chromes Ctrl+Shift+I console. After I patched all of those up my site is now operational. I did kind of break the local icons when experimenting with loading the latest community version a while ago before in an attempt to get custom navigation to work - regardless all is good.

Have you ensured you have selected load icons on the child template? I found I set them on the parent without realising and the child templates weren't inheriting correctly. I also had to revert my helper_js_global template on the child to bring it in line with the parent before re-editing. There should be no reference to that stylesheet if load icons locally is working correctly. Once you've got it enabled check a developer console in the browser of your choice to track down any further errors preventing them from loading.
The icons don't load even doing the above, with no errors relating to that in console.
1528052606814.webp

The only errors I get.

@Charlie J :
1- manually upload fonts in your setup : /styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/
2- set global option to load font localy in options
3- in theme Style option > icons > load material icons locally
4- edit template helper_js_global and force your local path manually :
Code:
<xf:if is="{{ property('uix_localMaterialIcons')}}">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="https://yourdomain.com/styles/uix/fonts/icons/material-icons/css/materialdesignicons.css" />  
    <xf:else />
5- empty cache and F5

Switching to chrome revealed the errors, firefox didn't smh :/

The only thing left I have is:
1528054004717.webp

Last edited:
What does the $119 customization package that appears when purchasing offer? Is this necessary to be able to customize my theme? Or is this an added service that you're offering.

XF: 2.0.7
UI.X Addon: Latest
UI.X: Latest

Strange, I don't get a version mismatch error - I do get an outdated template error though when I modify helper_js_global on the most recent UI.X install. It seems to treat any modifications (even after reverting back to the parent version) as 2.6.0

Disregard that, I'm running XF 2.0.6 :rolleyes:

Strange, I don't get a version mismatch error - I do get an outdated template error though when I modify helper_js_global on the most recent UI.X install. It seems to treat any modifications (even after reverting back to the parent version) as 2.6.0

Disregard that, I'm running XF 2.0.6 :rolleyes:
Ohh right aha, yeah I’m using latest XF I’m sure etc. It’s unusual why I’m getting the error :/

Top Bottom