UI.X 2

UI.X 2 2.2.15.0.2

No permission to download
Possible that I'm able to add to navigation bar without it showing a folder icon? I wanted to use a custom one, even tried <i> in the name, and your [TH] Nodes plugin. Seems to not show my custom favicon but rather a folder icon.

Anyway to change this?

Possible that I'm able to add to navigation bar without it showing a folder icon? I wanted to use a custom one, even tried <i> in the name, and your [TH] Nodes plugin. Seems to not show my custom favicon but rather a folder icon.

Anyway to change this?
Hello, you are just gonna comment it out within the uix.less template. Look for the following code inside the template:
HTML:
.p-nav, .uix_sidebarNav, .offCanvasMenu {
    .p-navEl-link, .offCanvasMenu-linkHolder > .offCanvasMenu-link:first-child {
        &:before {<xf:macro name="content" template="uix_icons.less" arg-icon="folder" />}
Comment out the "folder" or remove it.

Hello, you are just gonna comment it out within the uix.less template. Look for the following code inside the template:
HTML:
.p-nav, .uix_sidebarNav, .offCanvasMenu {
    .p-navEl-link, .offCanvasMenu-linkHolder > .offCanvasMenu-link:first-child {
        &:before {<xf:macro name="content" template="uix_icons.less" arg-icon="folder" />}
Comment out the "folder" or remove it.
Tyvm, so if I do so I can add my own icon via css? Or will it show via your [TH] Nodes ?

It shouldn't show on [TH] Nodes as it is set only to the navigation bar links. But yes you can set your own Material based icon on there.
So lets say I do the above, I will then have no icon beside it.

How would I show my own icon there? That would show for both the mobile nav and desktop?

I’m confused :( so if I wanted to add a material icon to a node what are the steps?

It’s not on your UI.X Docs ;-; of course I would remove the code above for the folders. Then what?
Forgive me as I thought you were asking how to add a custom icon to your custom navigation link. As far as it goes with adding a material icon to your nodes that is all explained in the [TH] Nodes documentation here.

Forgive me as I thought you were asking how to add a custom icon to your custom navigation link. As far as it goes with adding a material icon to your nodes that is all explained in the [TH] Nodes documentation here.
I meant how would I add a material icon to a node I added within the “public navigation”. Could you lead me step by step where I would go to add one? A material icon.

Figured it, for those who may wish to:

A simple example, set that as the title within a "Public Navigation" tab :)

Tyvm @VG_AzR @Dalton Prock for your guidance :)

Nvm shows odd..

Hi Charlie, I wanted the ability to customise my nav icons too, provided you have commented out the code Dalton told you to, the rest is easy.

Head into your navigation link that you want to customise, make sure it is a 'Basic' type, and make your changes to the ''Extra Attributes" section. Here's my store link for an example:

1527726393794.webp

This should result in an icons that look like this:

1527726451940.webp

Some community icons that are available on https://materialdesignicons.com/ may not appear and that's because an older version of the icon pack is selected.

• Make sure "Load Material Icons locally" is turned off in Style properties > Icons.
  • Head into Templates, search for helper_js_global and make sure line 23 has the latest version number in the URL.
    • 1527726911334.webp
  • The version number is normally given on their homepage in the first banner image.
    • 1527726970399.webp

We will be adding official support eithin uix add-on soon, short term we will be adding a FAQ item to documentation in this next update.

Top Bottom