Uber-Newbie

Craig

Hello all,

I am an uber-newbie/novice. I am wondering if your program is kinder to those of us who are new to forums than what I currently use? I desire to be able to accept donations, and give my members who donate status awards such as VIP, etc. Plus awards based on their donated amount. Thank you for your time!

I currently use Invision Power Services, Inc.

I have no programing experience. The last computer class I took we had to keep our operating system on a 5.5" floppy disk.

XF is in beta stage right now. Donations and award images are not part of the core product, but I'm sure that some talented coder will make an add-on for them.
Feel free to suggest it in the suggestion forums. :)

ok cool, as I have never taken a class on coding, and really don't know the first thing about it. Is it true the $100.00 sale is over? Where can I see a site that uses XF?

Thanks again!

I currently use Invision Power Services, Inc.

I have no programing experience. The last computer class I took we had to keep our operating system on a 5.5" floppy disk.
And I went through the punch card, paper tape, magnetic core phases... then the 8", 5.5", then 3.5", usb phases. :p

I also own ipb. The install is even easier that that. I am assuming you installed ipb yourself. If you are using their ips hosted community and know nothing about hosting... there will be a learning curve. You need to be able to purchase hosting, create a database, etc.

In addition and probably far more important you should know that there is no ipb converter/importer at this time. There are many people that really want that, so I am sure it will eventually be made when there is time.

There are 'paid subscriptions' which could be viewed as donations, and that could allow for more permissions/features than non-donaters have. But I have personally not tried that.

If you are using addon products such as ip.gallery, ip.blogs, etc they do not exist yet but a variety of solutions are be available quite quickly.

It says you have to pay $250.00 for branding removal. is that just for the small copyright line? Can all other brand name logos be removed? As stated earlier I deal with IPB and they have their logo everywhere.

How hard is it to change the kins or at the very least the colors?

It says you have to pay $250.00 for branding removal. is that just for the small copyright line? Can all other brand name logos be removed? As stated earlier I deal with IPB and they have their logo everywhere.

How hard is it to change the kins or at the very least the colors?
Very easy here is a quick tutorial http://xenforo.com/community/threads/style-properties-ii-a-closer-look.3690/

and under "Have you seen" section there is plenty of sneak-peeks and tutorials of what's under the hood

I host through Future Hosting, and I had someone else install it for me, all other tweaks I have been rattling tech support's cage to find out how to do them. I am looking at starting another forum and am seriously considering using XF.

I'm using vBulletin for 8 years and sometimes I still need to think about where to find stuff. I've used XF for a few days and it already feels very easy to find what I need. For newbies the ACP is great and XF is highly recommended for this group of admins.

Well, I can say one thing thus far. The forum here is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable! A huge selling point in my book! I can't thank Dean, Blandt, Peggy, and now dutchbb enough! I am sure I will have more questions in the near future as in tomorrow.

I hope to be able to start my second forum this coming week or early next week!

Top Bottom