1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kelebek, Sep 23, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek Active Member

I'm sorry if this thread has already been made, I did try to search for it but couldn't find anything. :oops:

What TV shows are your favourite? which ones do you watch on a regular basis?

I'm a sucker for American sitcoms. My favourites at the moment are - 90210, Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives. I also started watching Pretty Little Liars and got hooked in 5 minutes flat.

Friends - probably the best sitcom that's ever graced my television screen. I have the box set and still watch it all the time, quote it constantly much to the annoyance of my friends and cry whenever I watch the final episode.

I tried to watch Lost, watched the first 4 seasons and then found myself all Lost-ed out, I just could not watch any more without wanting to punch the tele.

Family Guy - not sure if this counts, as it's a cartoon but Seth MacFarlane = Genius. Utterly brilliant, hilarious, fabulous, fantastic etc. watched all episodes this year and can't get enough. Hurry up September 26 so I can get my family guy fix!

I love Eastenders - any non-Brit *or any self respecting Brit, come to think of it* would probably find that very sad as it is actually totally rubbish/depressing/exaggerated/boring but i've watched it 4 times a week for the past 15 years, it's hard to break that habit. :eek:

A show my boyfriend and I are loving at the moment is Criminal Minds, I love those kind of shows - mystery, thriller, murder etc. We're working our way through the seasons now.

Other shows I love are, Absolutely Fabulous, Sex and the City, Gavin & Stacy, Will & Grace, Coupling, Gimme Gimme Gimme, The Young Ones, Father Ted, The Brittas Empire and Bottom.

Oh man, I'm addicted to television!!!!! :eek:
    CurveGotti likes this.
  2. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

tbh I don't watch a lot of t.v. but when I do I tend to watch more educational programs. I do however watch burn notice and rescue me on a regular basis, I think they are my only two downfalls :-}~
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I also don't watch alot of TV. There are 2 specific shows that I watch - Criminal Minds and General Hospital..

Other than that, I'll catch shows on either the A&E network, HGTV, or ION, here and there. Nothing that I make a point of watching per se.
    Ceri May likes this.
  4. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

Star Trek(s)
  5. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Family Guy all the way...and you're right...he is a genius.
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

7. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

The last tv show I really followed was Santa Barbara back in 1990's. And only to hone in on my English. I am not a big fan of cheesy and neverending series, rather prefer movies to intake plot and acting in one gulp.
    CurveGotti likes this.
  8. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

Yeah, I am a sucker for a good movie, I guess I also like a conclusion to my stories.
  9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, House, & Fringe are what we are watching lately. 
  10. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

That's my favorite show as well. :) I watched each and every episode from the first seven seasons. Gave season 8 a miss since my college had just started then, and the first year was a bit hectic(?) for me. :(
  11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

GOOD to know someone else appreciates this show. It's awesome!
  12. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I keep changing as I often get bored. House... we got bored after a few series of them doing the same thing, but they have changed it around a bit now, so we watch that again. Burn notice... also starting to wear thin. Loved Life... but that got canned after 2 series. Covert Affairs is awesome... Hung is funny as...

Wife and I tend to flock towards new and creative series, then when they continue to repeat the same nonsense, we look for something else.
  13. Mayers

Mayers Member

I don't get to watch tv too much these days but when I do there are three shows i look forward to seeing

Family Guy
    House MD
  14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Psych, Burn Notice, Castle, and White Collar are the ones that I really like.
  15. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

TV is evil.
  16. My favorite show has got to be Venture Bros. I absolutely love the concept and the humor involved with it. Nothing has capture my attention and lust for more like VB has.

Another great show I love to watch is Whose Line is it Anyway? I really wish that Drew Carey and everyone else would stop what they're doing right now and start making new episodes.  That would really make my day.

I am a fairly large fan of Family Guy as well. However, the series has taken a bit of a dive for me since its comeback about 4-5 years ago. The eps just seem so immature and lack the general wit they used to have for me. One thing that I really despise were the slew of Conway Twitty clips they showed as a running gag a few years ago.
  17. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Mock the Week, Two and a Half Men ... that's about it, rest of the time feeding my internet addiction or yelling at the kids ;)
  18. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

What, all that and no Red Dwarf?
  19. pipedreams

pipedreams Active Member

I love Fringe & Dexter the most at the moment :D
  20. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Clearly doesn't want to sit on a beach drinking mango juice.

I tend to get the dvd sets as can't stand the adverts on television.

- Dexter
    - Star Gate Atlantis
    - Supernatural
    - The Cult
    - True Blood