Browser issue Microsoft edge shows a line under top navigation items

Sim

Affected version
XF 2.1.10, XF2.2
On Microsoft Edge, the top navigation items on xenforo.com (XF2.2) and my dev forum (XF2.1.10) show a line under them:

1593391261536.webp

Here is what I see on Chrome:

1593391276666.webp

From what I recall, this is not a new issue - it has always been this way. I wouldn't be surprised if it has already been reported - but I couldn't find a bug report?

On Chromeedge I see this:
1593391556525.png

Unless I toggle device toolbar, decrease the height and width, reload the page and then close the device toolbar. But even this is very inconsistent.

On Chromeedge I see this:
View attachment 229382

Unless I toggle device toolbar, decrease the height and width, reload the page and then close the device toolbar. But even this is very inconsistent.

Ahh - yes, I got confused by which of my machines had the new version and which didn't 🙄

Turns out my dev workstation has not yet got the Chromium version.

I tested this on another machine which I know does have Chromium Edge and I can confirm this is no longer an issue.

I think this report can be closed as a browser issue - since it will only affect people running older versions of Edge, probably no point spending time fixing it.

I think it is a browser issue anyway, despite that. We might have already had similar bugs reported in the past.

Edge was subject to some weird subpixel rendering issues at times and I think this is the same thing.

We might have already had similar bugs reported in the past.

xf1 coming back to haunt you:

Top Bottom