TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes

TinyMCE Quattro and its wysiwyg bbcodes 2.7.2

No permission to download
In Version 2.1.0.4 the xen_link bbm code is not outputting anything. Is it just me? Not sure if this will help anything, or if it is an issue specific to my installation.

I may have to uninstall, and re-install from an earlier version (I know 1.7.x.x) was a stable release never had any problems with it. Kind of a pain to setup the permissions and layout again, however.

Code:
Loaded css 0, quattro_dialog_link xenforo.js?_v=4976cb68:226
Loaded css 1, quattro_dialog xenforo.js?_v=4976cb68:226

XenForo.activate(

e.fn.init[1]
[LIST=1]
[*]0: div#mce_76.mce-container.mce-panel.mce-floatpanel.mce-window.mce-link.mce-in
[*]context: div#mce_76.mce-container.mce-panel.mce-floatpanel.mce-window.mce-link.mce-in
[*]length: 1
[*]__proto__: Object[0]
[/LIST]
) xenforo.js?_v=4976cb68:200

10Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getSelection' of undefined

@Viserys
I can't reproduce the problem. Could you please try to update your broswer cache. See also this post that shows a screenshot of a XenForo function that will force the refresh of JS files.
By the way what browser are you using?

P.S: don't do a downgrade for this kind of problem, that will be silly. Try first to delete your cache, if it doesn't work, I've several solution to the same thing in another way. But at the moment I really bet on a cache problem.

@Slind
The "[dc] Smiley Manager" has been a really good addon, but it seems not updated anymore. The TinyMCE Quattro addon supports the Smiley Manager of Milano (which will require to be updated on XenForo 1.3 ; it also supports the XenForo 1.3 smiley categories if you choose to display the smilies below the editor. But I can't do the same integration than I did with the Smiley Manager of Milano because it will add an extra database query on pages. I've made a suggestion that would help me to overcome this problem.

It seems it was a cache problem (just cleared my cache and seems to be working). Thanks for the support cclaerhout.

First off I want to thank you for this great addon. Now to my problem.
I have uploaded all the files. Then I started the process and selected the XML file. Right after I did that, got the following error message.
Code:
Please enter a valid callback method (Sedo_TinyQuattro_Listener_AllInOne::controllerPreDispatch).
It is worth mentioning that I have uninstalled the old version before completely.

I hope you can help me.

First off I want to thank you for this great addon. Now to my problem.
I have uploaded all the files. Then I started the process and selected the XML file. Right after I did that, got the following error message.
Code:
Please enter a valid callback method (Sedo_TinyQuattro_Listener_AllInOne::controllerPreDispatch).
It is worth mentioning that I have uninstalled the old version before completely.

I hope you can help me.
Could you upload the files again ? I've checked and I don't see any error with the callback information. If it still doesn't work, I will test it on a blank installation of XenForo.

i re uploaded all the files and stuff and updated to latest version not the editor wont show at all:

6EQ1W.png

please any one else having this issue i tried not allowing to use the editor in permissions same problem i set all options related to tinymce still shows this. if i disable tncymce from installed add ones it work then

i need my editor back...

What happens to the formatted posts when I uninstall the add-on?
See this post. To sum up: nothing, just some of the Wysiwgy Bb Codes (the ones XenForo doesn't have) won't be parsed. If you want them to keep on parsing, just don't give permission to use this editor. These Bb Codes are using the standard XenForo functions (no dependency here).

how come i don't see the quote in the insert button?

i installed quote me and configured it

6F2nJ.png

and how do i get all of these in the tabs?

6F2pr.png

because when i had the tabs only enabled none of those where in there.

also the superscript and subscript buttons are not there even though they are enabled and configured here:
6F2xW.png

ye i have tried moving them around and disabling few of the buttons but they still don't show with the tabs thing enabled, i which i like better now

@XxUnkn0wnxX
Everything is normal except for the missing quote menu. Let's start by explain this: I've named differently the "normal quote" (xen_quote) mode and the "wysiwyg quote" mode (xenquote). The missing underscore is a mistake, I will correct this in the next version, but I will not release it immediately (no, that's not that, I will need to check further). So if you don't mind, just enable the "wysiwyg quote" (see inside the Wyiwyg Bb Codes configuration options) if you want to have it in the menu.

As I've explained with many details in the addon options, the menu items are automatically managed. The following buttons don't have any menu:
  • font size
  • font family
  • font colors (both: forecolor and background color)
  • the alignment (all)
  • the list (all)
The reason is simple: it's not easily managed with menu. Just try with a word processor and it will require too many clicks. Since these buttons are also sensitive to the current node your caret is, it's still better to have a direct view to them.

For the other buttons:
  • The highligher is no more useful with the background color button (and it was just a demo of the Bbm addon to show how to use the template)
  • There is now an official spoiler button that can be configured as a menu item, so you can at least get rid of one
  • The AV Bb code will be position in the menu of the BBM advanced Bb Codes, but I didn't have time to do it yet. Same thing for the Font-Awesome by the way.
  • The raw tag will not have its menu
All buttons are not meant to be in the menu. All the buttons of the BBM can in theory be in the menu using some function of the new listener "tinyquattro_setup", but that's not the idea. If you don't want to see all buttons just collapse by default the Full editor mode.

For your last question, please read this addon option explanation about how to use the menu. It is fully explained there. One more time, the menu is automatically managed for buttons which have this function. The subscript and superscript buttons have this function, so they will be in the format menu. If you still want to display these buttons, just use the "Force buttons" option. But as I said, all of this is explained in the options description.

P.S: the button of the "quote me" addon is displayed in the "Tools" menu, see "Enable fast quotes"

Last edited:
To those who developed their own buttons return with an overlay, the FAQ has now an explanation on how to use the fast reload mode. See the section named "How to enable the fast reload mode for overlays?"

Top Bottom