[Tinhte] XenTag

[Tinhte] XenTag 3.2.5

No permission to download
I'm having a problem adding tags to existing threads. It says "Sorry, you do not have the permission to create new tag. Please use existing tags only."

I checked all permissions and I do indeed have permission under user permissions and user group permissions. I'm using XF 1.2 rc1. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Update: Actually nevermind - I had the registered usergroup set to 'never' for creating new tags. This was the problem.

Last edited:
One suggestion: Auto create tags based on keywords in the thread title. My members are too lazy to create tags for each thread they post, but auto-creating tags in vB worked out very well for us.
Would love to see this as well. Some of us are using tags for a different purpose than the traditional one. In my case it's grouping posts together than have the same product being talked about.

Would love to see this as well. Some of us are using tags for a different purpose than the traditional one. In my case it's grouping posts together than have the same product being talked about.
Agree (y).
In this case, having this will boost up SEO more.

An autotagger will sabotage your ranking if Google identifies your site as spammy type SEO. (As Matt Cuts describes it) Quite a lot of sites got hit earlier this month.
Its a great idea but really needs to be more advanced than just checking the title for keywords.

You won't sabotage anything if you choose your tags carefully. If you just let anything be entered then that's a different story.

does this have the option to automatically add tags based on the content of the post? my users probably wouldn't add their own tags, but would probably search with them.

Nice add on.

One thing I have been unable to figure out is how two search for all threads tagged with two tags, i.e. show all threads tagged with big and widget (as opposed to 'big widget')? See you can use search but it's necessary to provide a keyword or member name.

Can we use tags almost like categories to sift and sort and use it as the basis for a basic CMS? Is anyone doing this currently?

This doesn't work since I upgraded to 1.2... Even without adding any tags, no one can create new posts while this is enabled.. Gives a bunch of errors right after clicking the create thread button.

This doesn't work since I upgraded to 1.2... Even without adding any tags, no one can create new posts while this is enabled.. Gives a bunch of errors right after clicking the create thread button.
Would be better if you posted a copy of the errors into this thread, so people don't have to guess what is happening.

Are you running the LATEST version of XenTag, as it works perfectly well on 1.2?

Hi @xfrocks There is an option to display tags below first post, but in my opinion it is not really well solved. It just doesn't look right at the moment as it is inside the first post and not below the first post :(

This is how it looks now:

Tags-Below-First-Post-1.webp

Is there any chance to display them in the same way as when you choose the option bottom of thread? So it will look like this:

Tags-Below-First-Post-2.webp

I would be very thankful if this can be done. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom