Tickets

Tickets [Paid] 1.6.10

No permission to buy ($60.00)
I have an issue with the image upload. After I upload an image associated with the ticket, it creates a link to the attachment on submitted ticket view. However, clicking on the attachment link gives me a permissions error. I've set the options up right but I still cannot access attached images from tickets. Any ideas?

I have an issue with the image upload. After I upload an image associated with the ticket, it creates a link to the attachment on submitted ticket view. However, clicking on the attachment link gives me a permissions error. I've set the options up right but I still cannot access attached images from tickets. Any ideas?
Thanks for the report, this is fixed in the next version.

Currently doing some last minute testing before pushing it out. Should be next day or so. :)

NixFifty updated Tickets - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.1

• Fixed an issue where attachments would not appear after initial ticket creation.
  • Resolved a couple missing phrases.
  • Added an option to hide the default message editor and allow empty messages when creating tickets if custom ticket fields are preferred.
  • Ticket fields can now display their results directly in messages rather than going under or above them.
  • Fixed an issue where HTML on category descriptions would not render correctly.
  • Display custom field selections...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After upgrading, when I try to add a new ticket category or edit an existing one, I get this error:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'empty_message_allowed' in 'field list'

Also, I've assigned a category to submit a ticket to a created forum-node when submitted. It does not submit to such selected forum-node.

After upgrading, when I try to add a new ticket category or edit an existing one, I get this error:

Also, I've assigned a category to submit a ticket to a created forum-node when submitted. It does not submit to such selected forum-node.

You'll need to run this query to fix that first problem:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_nixfifty_ticket_category`
ADD COLUMN `empty_message_allowed` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `priority_selection`,
ADD COLUMN `hide_message_field` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `empty_message_allowed`;

I've let Nix know about the submit a ticket to a created forum bug as well.

You'll need to run this query to fix that first problem:
Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_nixfifty_ticket_category`
ADD COLUMN `empty_message_allowed` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `priority_selection`,
ADD COLUMN `hide_message_field` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `empty_message_allowed`;

I've let Nix know about the submit a ticket to a created forum bug as well.

That fixed it, Russ! Thank you very much sir! :)

Very pleased you made this Nix - I was wanting this YEARS ago!
I read the thread - saw people talking about alerts - how is this handled? Red alerts? Emails?

I have a staff team of 6 and ideally I'd like to direct categories of support to different people. I think your Tickets does that. CHECKED OK
So user can direct question to named staff member?
OR a named category?
I guess this could be one dropdown, staff names, then categories.

One category of support needs to force my lazy users to give specific info (name of event, date) - I think Tickets does extra (required) fields to do this?

What about sharing a category with another staff member? So T and I both do this category - would the indicator for that ticket disappear for me if T deals with it?

Plus can I as boss ;) transfer distribute tickets to another staff to do? You see as Mama Boss a lot of support jumps on me - they don't think who? they just think Boss! Maybe I am too kind. But anyway I need to push stuff on to others. Looks like I can :)

Would be very interested in canned responses - can keep them n a document and paste but much neater if you do it for us!

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz
I read the thread - saw people talking about alerts - how is this handled? Red alerts? Emails?
Red alerts and moderator bar alerts are currently bundled. Emails are coming in 1.4.0.
I have a staff team of 6 and ideally I'd like to direct categories of support to different people. I think your Tickets does that. CHECKED OK
So user can direct question to named staff member?
OR a named category?
I guess this could be one dropdown, staff names, then categories.
Users can direct tickets to specific categories, rather than staff members via a dropdown when creating a ticket. Assigning staff members to categories is something on the to-do list and is just something that needs figuring out (i.e. the best way to approach it).
One category of support needs to force my lazy users to give specific info (name of event, date) - I think Tickets does extra (required) fields to do this?
Yep, a number of custom field types are bundled with the product with more planned for 1.4.0.
What about sharing a category with another staff member? So T and I both do this category - would the indicator for that ticket disappear for me if T deals with it?
The ticket will disappear from other people's queues when it is closed.
Plus can I as boss ;) transfer distribute tickets to another staff to do? You see as Mama Boss a lot of support jumps on me - they don't think who? they just think Boss! Maybe I am too kind. But anyway I need to push stuff on to others. Looks like I can :)
Yep, you're correct. This is possible and anyone with permission can assign tickets to other staff members to deal with.
Would be very interested in canned responses - can keep them n a document and paste but much neater if you do it for us!
Planned for 1.4.0!

Do let me know if you have any further questions. :)

@NixFifty - thank you for fast well targeted replies. Also thank you for a much needed addon.

> Red alerts and moderator bar alerts are currently bundled.

Does that mean they are in the bundle of the addon? So we get red alerts on new requests?

@NixFifty - thank you for fast well targeted replies. Also thank you for a much needed addon.

> Red alerts and moderator bar alerts are currently bundled.

Does that mean they are in the bundle of the addon? So we get red alerts on new requests?
You're more than welcome!

Yes, they're both features. See below:
MfuD5ZV.png

ZcEFtRf.png

Assigning staff members to categories is something on the to-do list and is just something that needs figuring out (i.e. the best way to approach it).
It seems to me that the principle is the same as making a user a moderator of a node.

This has a glaring issue, as I see it. If someone posts upon a closed ticket, then it isn't reset to be opened so that staff can see it. Even if staff had to go through closed tickets, when someone posts responds onto a closed ticket, it doesn't show as unread, so you couldn't tell even from the closed tickets whether something has a new reply.

The best outcome, would be that if a person responds onto a closed ticket, that it auto reopens it and assigns it back into the ticket queue for response from a staff member.

This has a glaring issue, as I see it. If someone posts upon a closed ticket, then it isn't reset to be opened so that staff can see it. Even if staff had to go through closed tickets, when someone posts responds onto a closed ticket, it doesn't show as unread, so you couldn't tell even from the closed tickets whether something has a new reply.

The best outcome, would be that if a person responds onto a closed ticket, that it auto reopens it and assigns it back into the ticket queue for response from a staff member.
This is actually a really weird design choice I made pretty early on and I ran in to it recently. Needless to say, it has been addressed in 1.4.0 and if a user responds to a closed ticket, the ticket will be reopened and added back to the ticket queue. :)

Last edited:
How do I target something not showing up on ticket pages in conditionals?

I have an ad that shows under the first post in a thread, but in tickets, that ad place shows under every ticket post.

How do I target something not showing up on ticket pages in conditionals?

I have an ad that shows under the first post in a thread, but in tickets, that ad place shows under every ticket post.
Sounds like a bug. I'll check that out but in the meantime, you can incorporate this condition in to the rest of your ad conditional:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{xen:helper tickettemplate, $contentTemplate}">

Still doing it per post, after change. See the blue under each ticket.

Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 9.25.02 AM.webp

I've got this in ad_message_below, which keeps rendering the relevant one based on the users group.

Code:
<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND {$visitor.user_id} AND !{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 22,4} AND !{$message.conversation_id} AND !{$dark_bestposts_type} AND !{xen:helper tickettemplate, $contentTemplate}">
<li class="sectionMain message premiumBg">
    <div><a href="account/upgrades"><strong>Upgrade To Premium Member</strong></a> - Exclusive forums, <a href="https://www.myptsd.com/premium-member-upgrades/189/">exclusive features</a>, no ads and more.</div>           
</li>
</xen:if>

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND {$visitor.user_id} AND {xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 22,4} AND !{$message.conversation_id} AND !{$dark_bestposts_type} AND !{xen:helper tickettemplate, $contentTemplate}">
<li class="sectionMain message donateBg">
    <div><a href="donate"><strong>Donate</strong></a> to support the ongoing costs to run MyPTSD.</div>           
</li>

<xen:if is="{$post.position} % {$xenOptions.messagesPerPage} == 0 AND !{$visitor.user_id} AND !{$dark_bestposts_type} AND !{xen:helper tickettemplate, $contentTemplate}">
<li class="sectionMain message donateBg">
    <div><a href="register"><strong>Register</strong></a> to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.</div>           
</li>

Top Bottom