It is recommended that you backup a copy of your escalation texts prior to upgrading, just in case.
- Add some missing phrases.
- Fix a potential case where a thread could be mistakenly created for a ticket.
- Remove legacy code that was causing issues with status changes from escalations.
- Fix an issue where the discussion tab could go missing.
- Fixed an issue where escalation texts could become mixed up or go missing.
- Added the ability to filter by any ticket status.
- Prevent escalations from firing on deleted tickets.
- Only show discussion tab if the user has permission to view the thread and the node it is in.
- Fix an issue with the escalator when no ticket priority has been set.
- Properly save execution settings for escalations.
- Reduce overhead when escalations are triggered.
- Other assorted code improvements.
- Correctly display like summaries on the simplified ticket message layout.
- Wire up additional replaceables for use in escalations and predefined responses.
- Correctly display the chosen ticket state for escalation criteria.
This is a significant update to Tickets and all license holders are encouraged to upgrade to this version. There are some post-upgrade steps that must be completed or else you will run in to unexpected issues. In addition to this, a PHP 5.4+ requirement is now enforced so you will need to update PHP if you're running anything older than that.
With the truckload of changes in this version, there is also an increase in price to allow for better continued support for this add-on. This add-on will be ported to XenForo 2 and you will receive this as long as you have an active license.
Post Upgrade Steps
- Navigate to Admin Control Panel -> Applications -> Ticket Rebuilds and run all rebuilds from the top to the bottom.
- Navigate to Admin Control Panel -> Rebuild Caches and rebuild the search index for 'Tickets' and 'Ticket Messages'.
- Added the ability to create ticket escalations to trigger defined actions over a defined period of time.
- Escalations can be triggered by cron or when a ticket is updated.
- An escalation to automatically resolve tickets at haven't had a response for 14 days is created upon upgrade.
- Implemented a wider variety of configuration options (filters, sorts, per-page counts, etc) for different views (member pages, category pages, etc).
- Added the addition of a new layout for Tickets that is much less prone to breakage with third party styles. This is now the default view but the old ew is still available through options.
- Resolved incorrect or missing breadcrumb issues across multiple views.
- Consistently use one add-on prefix rather than three different ones.
- Removed a bunch of old files that have been superseded.
- Resolved an issue with ticket messages and route matching.
- Pagination elements will no longer be added to the DOM if a page has no pagination.
- Tickets are correctly counted in a number of areas.
- Implemented a much more user friendly way of filtering tickets through a new filter and sort menu available on the ticket queue.
- Allow for tickets to be sorted by priority, last message date or first message date.
- Added the ability to set global ticket filters across different views.
- If a user has open tickets, these will be displayed on their profile under a new tickets tab.
- Display open tickets for the content user when viewing a report.
- Add the ability to use placeholder variables for ticket fields and custom ticket fields within predefined responses.
- When a guest who has previously opened tickets signs up, those tickets will be attached to the new user.
- Clicking the status label of a ticket whilst viewing it in the queue will filter out tickets not in that status.
- Resolve issues with edit history for ticket messages.
- Allow ticket messages to be hard deleted.
- Greatly refactor ticket DataWriters to support easier extension and more reliable position setting.
- Add tickets and ticket messages to the search index.
- Ensure guest tickets require a valid email address.
- Correctly take a visitor to the latest unread ticket message rather than the first ticket message.
- Ensure category page tickets are sorted correctly by descending last message date by default.
- Ensure ticket status banners line up correctly when there are other ticket icons showing.
- End users are now able to resolve tickets they have started.
- Significant improvements to admin templates to make them simpler and more intuitive.
- Prevent empty ticket responses from being created.
- Remove unreliable ability to hide tickets in favour of discussion threads.
- Fix multiple cases of missing phrases.
- Ensure the ticket edit overlay displays categories in a hierarchy rather than a flat list.
- Allow for tickets to be soft-deleted rather than just allowing hard deletion.
- Display user banners for ticket messages posted by staff members.
- Add support for news feed related functionality.
- Automatically watch tickets that have been created or replied to by a user.
- Add new preferences to allow users to set their default watch preferences.
- Send out emails / alerts to the ticket starter when a ticket status is changed.
- Log moderator actions on a number of ticket actions.
- Log moderator actions on a number of ticket message actions.
- Allow those with permission to start tickets for unregistered users. Notifications will be sent to their email address.
- Display shared accounts for a ticket starter, whilst viewing a ticket.
- Allow custom fields to be populated with PHP callbacks.
- Add an example custom field PHP callback that attempts to obtain information about the user's current browser and OS, useful for technical issues.
- Add the ability for tickets to be merged together.
- Track last read times for guest and user tickets.
- Support @Xon's User Activity add-on.
- Allow staff to create tickets for guest users. Guests will be sent an email and a password to access these tickets.
- Definitely an assortment of other things I have forgotten about.
A big thank you to all those that tested and gave feedback on this version and prior ones too. Your feedback is what has shaped this product.
- Numerous improvements to ticket statuses.
- Added separate flags for locked and assigned tickets allowing greater flexibility.
- Fixed an issue where fields weren't always loaded in the view.
- Fixed an issue with ticket reply counts not always accurate.
- Fixed an issue with tickets being miscounted when their status changed.
- Added the ability for tickets to create associated discussion threads and removed hidden messages.
- General styling improvements on the frontend and in the ACP.
- Password hashing related improvements.
- Fixed some display issues with outgoing emails.
- Other improvements that I've forgotten about.
- Fix a bug from the previous release where the password database field was not the correct size.
- Add guest ticket and attachment support.
- Support HTML5 uploader from XenForo 1.5.12.
- Added some more email notifications.
- Added back missing 'Edit Ticket Title' permission.
- Resolve issue with 'No view registered' appearing on new ticket messages.
First and foremost for customers that are upgrading, please ensure you are running 1.4.1. The installer has been greatly simplified and requires a minimum version of 1.4.1 to work its magic moving forward.
Pretty hefty stability update here with some welcome changes. I'd like to apologise for the delay in getting this out. I have recently relocated to a new city and as a first time mover, it was a challenge.
As a goodwill gesture, all licenses have been extended by 12 months. Thank you for your patience.
Big thanks to @Russ and @Steve for moral support.
- Greatly simplified installer and ensure it doesn't fall over.
- Added some missing ticket filtering options on the ticket queue.
- Fixed an issue where the collapsible navigation menu was not appearing.
- Prevent an issue where custom field values were overwritten uninentionally.
- Rename the 'closed' ticket status to 'resolved' for better clarity.
- Fixed a conflict with the ticket response system and other add-ons that interfaced with the editor.
- Only check for a user's open tickets if the user is logged in.
- Fix a compatability issue with the Extended Cover add-on.
- Enforce character limits on ticket messages and allow admins to configure these from the Admin Panel.
- Add some new value display placeholders for more advanced ticket field customisations.
- Log moderator actions correctly for tickets and ticket messages.
- Resolved a bunch of issues with ticket response categories in the Admin Panel.
- Correctly constrain ticket attachments to constraints defined in the Admin Panel.
- Fixed redirect issues upon ticket message deletion.
- Improved alerts on ticket actions.
- Correctly send out watched email notifications.
- Simplify the function that gets visible reports for performance and my sanity reasons.
- Ensure choice fields correctly display data when editing a ticket.
- Fix some rare permission issues which were causing odd behaviour with attachments and other areas of the ticket system.
- Resolve reports for a ticket when the ticket is converted to a thread.
- Improved assigned information handling in the name of performance.
- Make sure a forum exists before trying to create a thread from a ticket in it.
- Likewise, make sure a ticket category exists before trying to create a ticket from a thread in it.
- Added the sidebar in templates where it was missing.
- Improved the display of tickets mostly on the ticket queue.
- General code, template and performance improvements.
- Move the moderator bar item to its own template for easier customisations.
- Added appropriate breadcrumbs in a couple areas.
- Fixed an issue with some category links redirecting to the wrong place.
- Bump the ticket title character limit from 50 to 100.
- Fixed some issues with the installer to make it a little less prone to falling over. If you are experiencing issues from a previous version, please contact me via conversation or support ticket so I can assist as needed.