Implemented Thread Tagging

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Except 3.2 is almost right near release in some form (betas/previews) where XF isn't in a position just yet to explain how and what form tags may show up, nor is it true to assume they're working on it right now or working on other features that people are waiting for.
Yeah that's exactly what has me bummed about having committed to XF at this point. Hard to make a business plan with XF at its core
under these ambiguous circumstances. VERY frustrating... A BIG price for customer's loyalty.

Yeah that's exactly what has me bummed about having committed to XF at this point. Hard to make a business plan with XF at its core
under these ambiguous circumstances. VERY frustrating... A BIG price for customer's loyalty.
Considering 1.1 is supposed to be landing around October somewhere, I don't think it'll be too long before we hear about what will be coming in 1.1 before then.

October before tags??? OMFG

I guess our perspectives on what's "not too long" is a little different. :)

Ah well, nothing I can do about it except switch to IPB (not thrilled about that)
or just wait and beeyatch every once in a while.
Sigh...

October before tags??? OMFG

I guess our perspectives on what's "not too long" is a little different. :)

Ah well, nothing I can do about it except switch to IPB (not thrilled about that)
or just wait and beeyatch every once in a while.
Sigh...

When you consider IPB is around a decade old, and is about to include tags... and XenForo is looking to put out a release including tagging in October (Around a year after the first beta) then I think 'not too long' is a pretty safe comment to make :p

and XenForo is looking to put out a release including tagging in October (Around a year after the first beta) then I think 'not too long' is a pretty safe comment to make :p
Just to be clear, there has been no mention of when, or indeed if, tagging will be implemented.

The afore-mentioned October date is related to the release of 1.1 only.

Just to be clear, there has been no mention of when, or indeed if, tagging will be implemented.

The afore-mentioned October date is related to the release of 1.1 only.

Right, and we're supposed to make our business plans for the next 3 quarters based on that lack of information.

I'm sure y'all have good reasons for being coy, but from my standpoint, that sucks big time.

I believe you've already made that abundantly clear.

Just to clarify my position here, I'm a forum moderator, I'm not employed by XenForo, so I'm not in a position to provide any information about future features or timescales.

I believe you've already made that abundantly clear.

Just to clarify my position here, I'm a forum moderator, I'm not employed by XenForo, so I'm not in a position to provide any information about future features or timescales.

Brogan I appreciate you're making that clear. That boundary gets a bit murky at times. Kier made some comment giving at least some hope that it might be at some point.
Meanwhile, competitor IPB is unequivocal on this issue.

I'll wait until October or whenever if I can to see if XF is actually going to come through on this issue, then make my decision... if I can afford to wait that long.
Thanks for your service as moderator. I know it helps KMA get on with improving XF.
Best regards,
HJ
"If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes..."

Thanks Brogan...
The plot thickens (or thins...).
I feel like I've wandered on to the set of a TV game show!

Anyway VERY glad to hear the news in the courts... the former Goliavbth stumbles yet again...
White shoes are no match for deft bare feet!

I too like the idea of a tagging system. Partially for content but mostly for users to tag each other. I tend to build smaller community centric boards where most of the users treat the community like an extended family and being able to tag a friend or a local business sponsor in a post and them receiving a notification would be of great interest.

Top Bottom