Thread Tagging Improvements

Thread Tagging Improvements 1.0.7 Patch Level 6

No permission to download
@mazzly I'm still having page not found issues. I'm on Xenforo v2.2.7 Patch 1.

------------------

1. When I change the "Ordered by" dropdown or enter a search term, and then click on the "Go" button.
View attachment 291915

I get the following:
View attachment 291917

It looks like the URL is doubling up in the address bar:
Code:
https://myforum.com/admin.php?//myforum.com/admin.php?tags/potential&order=alphabetical&page=1

------------------

2. On the Tags page, when I change the "Ordered by" dropdown or enter a search term, and then click on the "Go" button.
View attachment 291918

I get the following:
View attachment 291917

Again the URL is doubled up in the address bar like this:
Code:
https://myforum.com/admin.php?//myforum.com/admin.php?tags/&order=use_count

------------------

3. When I click on the "(Excluding 1 ignored)" link:
View attachment 291919

I get the following:
View attachment 291920

Once again the URL is doubled up in the address bar like this:
Code:
https://myforum.com/admin.php?//myforum.com/admin.php?tags/mytag.74/manage-potential-threads&_xfRedirect=https%3A%2F%2Fmyforum.com%2Fadmin.php%3Ftags%2F%26page%3D2&_xfRequestUri=%2Fadmin.php%3Ftags%2F%26page%3D2&_xfWithData=1&_xfToken=1696316179%2Ca3c10e616019d9640c28a2492f9a00fb&_xfResponseType=json&ignored=1
Hmm this is the same problem that @Alternadiv is encountering and that we haven't been able to figure out... I'm wondering if there is some other 3rd part addon that you guys both have installed, which would be triggering this behavior...

Hmm this is the same problem that @Alternadiv is encountering and that we haven't been able to figure out... I'm wondering if there is some other 3rd part addon that you guys both have installed, which would be triggering this behavior...

Here's a list of my 3rd party addons.

@Alternadiv do you have any of these installed?
  • [FF] StopForumSpam Flag Selector 1.0.2
  • [Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5
  • [OzzModz] Amazon/eBay URL parser 2.1.2 Patch Level 1
  • [OzzModz] Global User Ignore 2.0.0 2
  • [OzzModz] Member’s Local Time 2.0.0 Patch Level 3
  • [Sysnative] Improved Member Stats Widgets 1.2.1
  • Change Content Owner or Date 2.0.15
  • Change Post Date 2.1.2
  • Custom 404 Page 1.1.7
  • Known Bots 3.20.0
  • ServerDev Node Icon 2.2.0 Beta 1
  • Thread Titles Manager 1.0.1 Patch Level 1
  • What's New Digest 5.0.4
I tried disabling them all, but still the same issues.

Last edited:
As a work around, I have been "hacking" the link in the address bar to remove the duplicate part. That way I can still view most of the pages with this issue.

You may want to delete the job also, when uninstall the add-on?

I tried your add-on in different forums on different servers;
everywhere I get MySQL errors and a job that was not deleted when the add-on was uninstalled.

You may want to delete the job also, when uninstall the add-on?
Okay we need to look into that, seems like the job has been paused/stalled/pending while you uninstalled then..

I tried your add-on in different forums on different servers;
everywhere I get MySQL errors and a job that was not deleted when the add-on was uninstalled.
Could you provide some error logs for this? Quite hard for us to fix the problem when we don't know what the error in question is... :)

@mazzly I am also having strange issues with links in the admin area. The slash eye does not work for me. I cannot get to the ignored tags unless I type in the URL.

@mazzly I have an issue, can you help me please?

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1064]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ün üvey babası%') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` = 'visible') AND (`x...' at line 4 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1474
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchRaw() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1489
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchColumns() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Repository/PotentialTags.php at line 104
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Repository\PotentialTags->collectThreadIdsForWord() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Repository/PotentialTags.php at line 79
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Repository\PotentialTags->collectThreadIdsForTag() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Job/RebuildPotentialThreadTags.php at line 39
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Job\RebuildPotentialThreadTags->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 42
XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 260
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 118
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 122
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

@mazzly I have an issue, can you help me please?

Code:
XF\Db\InvalidQueryException: MySQL statement prepare error [1064]: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'ün üvey babası%') AND (`xf_thread`.`discussion_state` = 'visible') AND (`x...' at line 4 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 198
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 41
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 56
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 96
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1474
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchRaw() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1489
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchColumns() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Repository/PotentialTags.php at line 104
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Repository\PotentialTags->collectThreadIdsForWord() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Repository/PotentialTags.php at line 79
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Repository\PotentialTags->collectThreadIdsForTag() in src/addons/MaZ/PotentialTagHelper/Job/RebuildPotentialThreadTags.php at line 39
MaZ\PotentialTagHelper\Job\RebuildPotentialThreadTags->rebuildById() in src/XF/Job/AbstractRebuildJob.php at line 42
XF\Job\AbstractRebuildJob->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 260
XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 118
XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 122
XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Looks like something is not escaped correctly there, will have a look at it before Wednesday 😊

@mazzly I am also having strange issues with links in the admin area. The slash eye does not work for me. I cannot get to the ignored tags unless I type in the URL.
Could you send me an example of what the URL looks like when it doesn't work? :)

mazzly updated Thread Tagging Improvements with a new update entry:

Silently ignore Job-run SQL errors (unless option enabled) and fix paths

• Correctly escape the SQL for thread tag lookups
  • If an SQL error occurs during Rebuild Job, log it and continue with the next one, instead of crashing/stopping
    • There is an option to disable these loggings under "Other", but we recommend keeping it on and reporting SQL errors raised to us :)
  • Build the URL paths a bit better so the potential pages don't try to reach non-existing pages

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Enes3078 The latest release has a fix that likely fixes your problem, if not there might be an error logged that you can send to me :)

@Alternadiv @lightspeed @JBS The latest release also has some fixes/improvements for the URL/Path building, can you let me know if it works better now, and/or if something is still going to "broken paths"? :)

@Robert9 It might be that the SQL errors you encountered during installed are fixed as part of the latest release also if you are willing to give it another shot :)

Top Bottom