Other Auto Thread Tagging for Every Old Threads

Neutral Singh

With the advent of thread tagging in 1.5, i would love to have an option to automatically populate tags field with with relevant keywords in the thread title. An option to auto tag all old threads dating back to the inception of forum would be simple awesome. :)

For example:

There is a thread in my forum:
A Little EGO May Be a Good Thing

An add-on will create tags automatically for the relevant keywords in the title like:

Tags: Ego

Rest of the common words are omitted... maybe we can define somewhere in the admin panel which are common words are to be ignored while creating tags... so, in above thread, the following words are ignored.

{
A, little, may, be, a, good, thing
}

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't think it's likely. What are relevant keywords on your board, might not be on someone elses. This is the same reason synonym support for ElasticSearch and other features that require scripts "knowing" what words mean are not implemented.

I presumed from your post you thought the thread was in the suggestions forum.

Perhaps I misunderstood uour comments.

I presumed from your post you thought the thread was in the suggestions forum.

Perhaps I misunderstood uour comments.
Oh, I actually did.. I thought your post meant that I was way off base and there was actually plans for this lol.

My post remains the same, although I did just think of a way for an add-on to do this.

I don't think it's likely. What are relevant keywords on your board, might not be on someone elses. This is the same reason synonym support for ElasticSearch and other features that require scripts "knowing" what words mean are not implemented.

Sorry, maybe i was not clear enough. By relevant keywords, i meant was keywords in the thread title itself... relevant to the thread...

For example:

An add-on will create tags automatically for the relevant keywords in the title like:

Rest of the common words are omitted... maybe we can define somewhere in the admin panel which are common words are to be ignored while creating tags... so, in above thread, the following words are ignored.

{
}

PS: Also, updated in the first post. Thanks

With the advent of thread tagging in 1.5, i would love to have an option to automatically populate tags field with with relevant keywords in the thread title. An option to auto tag all old threads dating back to the inception of forum would be simple awesome. :)

For example:

{
}

Thanks
I'm looking for something like this too. Auto-tagger from thread title and content. Popular on VB and whatnot. Used to work really well too. Could blacklist common words specific to your forum that you didn't want tag pages created for.

Top Bottom