ThemeHouse and Audentio Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that almost all migrated Waindigo add-ons have problems, it would be a good idea to do a quick code overlook, cleaning and optimization with all of them.

IMHO it makes no sense to report bugs, which have been reported in the thread years or months ago and still have not been fixed.

Just take one add-on after the other, read the thread, go over them and release them as "your" add-on. For new bugs, your JIRA looks like a good idea, but we all know JIRA from vB. And it does not help anyone there. Hopefully you can do more with it's potential.

So do i have to uninstall all waindigo ad ons and reinstall the rebranded ones? As it seems i can not simply updated them!

So do i have to uninstall all waindigo ad ons and reinstall the rebranded ones? As it seems i can not simply updated them!
Some of the Waindigo add ons I have would not update with the rebranded updates so ya I had to remove old one to install the new one.

I wasn't thinking in terms of rewards or credit system but more about anyone not being a confirmed customer of yours posting as a guest and sending dev's on a wild goose chase wasting valuable time that could have been constructively put to use updating your software.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect adults not to act like children, though I'm probably wrong :P. Either way, we'd have the same issue if we let people register before posting the issues

You'll need to install [TH] Install and Upgrade to upgrade them to the new rebranded version

Jake

Last edited:
Hey Mike

Thought of sending you a private message but I think it's better if I post this here. You may not remember me, but we once talked on skype once when we were trying to hire you for building a style for stronglifts.

Anyways, first off many congratulations at building your business thus far. Your styles and work are awesome. I think almost all custom projects I work on have bought your styles, and I recommend them to all my clients. Your solution on converting some to premium and some to open source from the addons you acquired is an excellent move in my opinion. Allows you to focus on those which are most popular.

If you would allow me, I would like to provide a few suggestions. I won't bother into going into my background, but I have several years of business experience with many companies and I just want to share something I feel may help you.

First off, I think you are trying to do too many things at the same time. Building your new website, bug tracker, idea tool etc etc... my head is already spinning. Irrespective of your team size, you would be well served if you focus on one thing at a time. We are all cognitive misers and the more things we have to handle our focus slips.
And even if you are working on several things, it is best to not let people know everything you are doing unless the work is well formed. Jira is an awesome bug tracker tool, but couldn't you just do with forum threads at the moment? It could have waited a couple of months until you sorted the other things out. I feel your team is a huge asset for the xenforo ecosystem and it would be heart breaking if you were to burn out and leave.

Secondly, you are in the low pricepoint business. Most people in this market here and / or everywhere are whiners. Some people may feel offended by it, but that doesn't change what it is. You roll out a product for $10 and people expect you to deliver the moon. Ironically the higher you charge the better though fewer customers you will have. So do not be disheartened by the negative comments here... :) This is the reason the only addon I sell is priced at $99. I want to only work with people who appreciate the value of time.

And finally here's a suggestion for the idea Funding tool. I think it's an awesome name.

With paypal you can set up a recurring subscription which ends after one charge. You can also specify a different first charge amount and you can also specify a fixed date on which the next charge is to happen.

What you can do is let people vote on an idea with $1 as the first charge which would also setup a next payment of say $30 at a fixed start date. Each idea has until the start date during which it can meet the minimum number of votes. If by the start date the idea does not meet the required number of votes, you can refund all of the $1 votes.

If you do this the following happens:
  1. People know the number of votes required to start development.
  2. People only pay $1 to vote.
  3. There is a fixed start date.
  4. You get the balance money on the start date.
  5. If required votes / budget is not reached, people can get their $1 back.
This can be done by using paypal's express checkout api with the createrecurringpaymentprofile api method.

Of course the above is only what I hope is some constructive suggestion. You are the best judge of your business decisions...

All the best,
- Sadik

@Sadik B thank you very much for your well thought out suggestion. I think the recurring payment profile could work, its something we've considered but I think we would still need a way for people to take their money out, no?

I agree with a lot of what he said... but use caution with PayPal and Idea Funding.

They are a bit old school and prefer physical deliverable during dispute resolutions. The concept of an Idea Funding transaction will blow their mind and I'd wager you'll lose the dispute every time.

I think we would still need a way for people to take their money out, no?

You mean refund? Refunds can also be automated with the RefundTransaction API. Recurring profiles can be cancelled with the ManageRecurringPaymentsProfileStatus API. If you decide to automate this, it would of course need development effort which may or may not be feasible.

I would however suggest that in the beginning, you first validate the idea instead of spending weeks developing something you may not need. To validate, what you can do is pick one popular suggestion you have currently and post a thread asking people to contribute $1 each in effect voting on the idea. Also mention a start date and how much people have to pay if required no. of votes are reached by the start date. So essentially do all of this manually first, without spending a single minute on development.

If people pay the $1 to vote, if enough people vote reaching the vote threshold and if people pay the rest of the amount by start date, the whole business is validated and you would know this as something which can work in the future and is worthwhile automating. If people don't literally vote with their wallets, just dump the whole thing! :)

Hi all,

Just a quick update. We have all 20 themes just about ready to go!

We'll be extending everyone's license by 6 months for the 3 month delay on updates. This isn't because the themes did not work, they actually work just fine with the latest releases of XenForo but just because we are aiming to offer a better service than that and the launch really spread us thin. But we're making our way through everything.

The new site is still on course. No previews yet but someday soon Ill post some up.

Thanks, happy new year, and happy holidays, to everyone!

Thanks,
Mike

@Mike Creuzer When are you planning to release them If i may ask. Happy new year btw. And thanks for the extended license
Oh Im just hoping soon. I keep finding little things to improve and tweak since they were quite a few versions behind on UI.X. But so far so good. Im planning another UI.X release first, perhaps next week. Then immediately after that, maybe within 2 days, all other products. And then Ill do my best to not let them fall behind again :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom